When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Nuts

-
@FSH ... Great Job on doing these! I just ordered some from you thru eBay .... I've always wondered what the heck the ND thread was!
You mentioned these are not 3/8 X 24 nor 10mm X 1 .... so what the heck did ND use ?? ( and why ?? )
Is there an answer to this mystery?? I was always under the assumption that if a thread was not SAE ... it must be metric ...
But this proves my theory absolutely wrong... Thanks again for making these! AND at a reasonable price! Cheers! CCR Dave

3/8 Jam nuts and the front 5/16 nuts are completed. 5/16 nuts are 1/4 thick x 9/16 hex. Any pair of nuts $5.00
IMG_20191026_123121340.jpg

FSH, this is fabulous!!! I am new to the Whizzer world and as I undertake the rebuild of my little orphan I am discovering lots of oddities. I have a Nethercutt two wheel drive bike that uses 'Whitworth' pitch nuts and bolts, so ND is simply another version of preferred pitch (?). Always a surprise however. Honda uses phillips screws called JES (Japanese Imperial Standard). Slightly less pointy and keeps you from stripping screws on their bikes.
I would love 4 of the 3/8 24, 4 of the 3/16 jam nuts and 4 of the 5/16 nuts. Sadly, #1- I am a foreigner (Canuk) and #2 - we don't have USPS. Anyway we can do some business??
Newbie Ron

FSH, this is fabulous!!! I am new to the Whizzer world and as I undertake the rebuild of my little orphan I am discovering lots of oddities. I have a Nethercutt two wheel drive bike that uses 'Whitworth' pitch nuts and bolts, so ND is simply another version of preferred pitch (?). Always a surprise however. Honda uses phillips screws called JES (Japanese Imperial Standard). Slightly less pointy and keeps you from stripping screws on their bikes.
I would love 4 of the 3/8 24, 4 of the 3/16 jam nuts and 4 of the 5/16 nuts. Sadly, #1- I am a foreigner (Canuk) and #2 - we don't have USPS. Anyway we can do some business??
Newbie Ron
Sure, just PM me

Newbie Ron
BSW is not a problem. If you need a special fastener I'm your guy...

Hello, I have successfully manufactured replacement nuts for New Departure 3/8 thread. If you are familiar with the fitment you already know that over-the-counter 3/8-24 nuts, nor their close metric cousin m10x1 do not fit. If you are interested please message me. I will only accept USPS money orders, or cash. Please accompany payments with a self addressed stamped envelope. Price, including shipping, is $5.00 for a pair. The nuts are plain unplated finish.
They measure 11/16 across x 3/8 thick. I will be posting listings for the front 5/16-24 nuts, which are also of a unique size, as well as jam nuts as time permits...
View attachment 1082739
View attachment 1082740

View attachment 1082741

3/16 Jam nuts are done!

View attachment 1085524
Bump dez nuts!
I have to charge 2.00 for shipping, the non machinable surcharge didn't work...

Reactions: Miq
Back