When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Nuts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@FSH ... Great Job on doing these! I just ordered some from you thru eBay .... I've always wondered what the heck the ND thread was!
You mentioned these are not 3/8 X 24 nor 10mm X 1 .... so what the heck did ND use ?? ( and why ?? )
Is there an answer to this mystery?? I was always under the assumption that if a thread was not SAE ... it must be metric ...
But this proves my theory absolutely wrong... Thanks again for making these! AND at a reasonable price! Cheers! CCR Dave

3/8 Jam nuts and the front 5/16 nuts are completed. 5/16 nuts are 1/4 thick x 9/16 hex. Any pair of nuts $5.00
IMG_20191026_123121340.jpg

FSH, this is fabulous!!! I am new to the Whizzer world and as I undertake the rebuild of my little orphan I am discovering lots of oddities. I have a Nethercutt two wheel drive bike that uses 'Whitworth' pitch nuts and bolts, so ND is simply another version of preferred pitch (?). Always a surprise however. Honda uses phillips screws called JES (Japanese Imperial Standard). Slightly less pointy and keeps you from stripping screws on their bikes.
I would love 4 of the 3/8 24, 4 of the 3/16 jam nuts and 4 of the 5/16 nuts. Sadly, #1- I am a foreigner (Canuk) and #2 - we don't have USPS. Anyway we can do some business??
Newbie Ron

FSH, this is fabulous!!! I am new to the Whizzer world and as I undertake the rebuild of my little orphan I am discovering lots of oddities. I have a Nethercutt two wheel drive bike that uses 'Whitworth' pitch nuts and bolts, so ND is simply another version of preferred pitch (?). Always a surprise however. Honda uses phillips screws called JES (Japanese Imperial Standard). Slightly less pointy and keeps you from stripping screws on their bikes.
I would love 4 of the 3/8 24, 4 of the 3/16 jam nuts and 4 of the 5/16 nuts. Sadly, #1- I am a foreigner (Canuk) and #2 - we don't have USPS. Anyway we can do some business??
Newbie Ron
Sure, just PM me

Newbie Ron
BSW is not a problem. If you need a special fastener I'm your guy...

Hello, I have successfully manufactured replacement nuts for New Departure 3/8 thread. If you are familiar with the fitment you already know that over-the-counter 3/8-24 nuts, nor their close metric cousin m10x1 do not fit. If you are interested please message me. I will only accept USPS money orders, or cash. Please accompany payments with a self addressed stamped envelope. Price, including shipping, is $5.00 for a pair. The nuts are plain unplated finish.
They measure 11/16 across x 3/8 thick. I will be posting listings for the front 5/16-24 nuts, which are also of a unique size, as well as jam nuts as time permits...
View attachment 1082739
View attachment 1082740

View attachment 1082741

3/16 Jam nuts are done!

View attachment 1085524
Bump dez nuts!
I have to charge 2.00 for shipping, the non machinable surcharge didn't work...

Reactions: Miq
Back