When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure oddities

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
New Departure Quick-Change Cog hub assy.
also a
New Departure hub with NO stamping. (pic soon)
also a
New Departure "H" bearing housing...

dsc01880-jpg.jpg

80824.jpg

dsc05787-jpg.jpg

DSC05782.JPG

Last edited:
New Departure hub with NO stamping. (pic soon)

Is that unusual?

I have an unstamped shell and have mentioned it in passing a couple of times in here. It has no oil hole or cup either. Plating appears to be cad. It's bright but not high polish. Too bright for zinc considering it's age. It's been with me since '76, and was old and used then. The rest of the exposed parts are black, except the sprocket.

Is that unusual?

I have an unstamped shell and have mentioned it in passing a couple of times in here. It has no oil hole or cup either. Plating appears to be cad. It's bright but not high polish. Too bright for zinc considering it's age. It's been with me since '76, and was old and used then. The rest of the exposed parts are black, except the sprocket.
I think so, I've seen hubs without the oiler, but not no stamping. Think mine had model C innerds

I think so, I've seen hubs without the oiler, but not no stamping. Think mine had model C innerds

Have you seen any that weren't polished chrome or nickel?

I suspect the guts in mine are wartime or early postwar because of the black parts. Not sure about the cog though. There's no black on that, and there is no spoke loading slot. It also appears to be slightly thinner than normal.

I suspect the guts in mine are wartime or early postwar because of the black parts. Not sure about the cog though. There's no black on that, and there is no spoke loading slot. It also appears to be slightly thinner than normal.
Mine is like a shiney cad as well. may have come off a war time Schwinn New World light weight

The hub on the right has no oil hole or stamping, I have one with 28 holes also. I have 2 hubs that are a little wider than normal that I'm not sure of application

Last edited:
Back