When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure triplspeed / 3-speed conversion unit questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

Rambler

I live for the CABE
I was wondering what time period were these New Departure triplspeed / 3-speed conversion units used 1930's, 1940's, 1950's?

I would like to use one of them on a bicycle but wondering if the Sturmey Archer shifter I have would work or if drive unit requires a New Departure shifter? All I have is a New Departure 2-speed shifter which I am sure is not compatible with the 3-speed drive unit.

What sort of shift cable assembly components do I need for this New Departure 3-speed conversion unit?

Any help with photos of correct parts I should be looking for (cable components, shifter) or even leads on those parts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyson
IMGP8662.JPG

I’ve only had one bike that was outfitted with one of these kits, but my experience with it, was very positive.
I’ve always intended to set another bike up with one, but I just haven’t got around to it yet.

Back