When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New departure year ranges

-

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
Just wondering what the new departure year ranges were for each of the models a b c d. I found this on here regarding the model a : "Produced 1902 to 1928, probably the longest production run and probably more made than any coaster brake hub." Haven't seen a whole lot of model b's but they are out there. I also read that the model c was produced from the late 20s to early 30s. I have a model d on my late 30s hawthorne /rollfast bike and have seen them on a 1950 hawthorne bike. For overlapping production years were certain models used for lightweight vs balloon tire bikes? Does anyone have any documentation or literature regarding the different models or just the model d and the different components or maintenance for these wheels? Anyone have any preference for new departure vs other wheel manufacturers such as morrow or musselman and if so why? Any insight is always appreciated. Thanks!

Model D:
small brake arm introduction thru 1939
large brake arm with "new departure brake" 1940-1949
large NEW DEPARTURE arm 1950 on

Model D:
small brake arm introduction thru 1939
large brake arm with "new departure brake" 1940-1949
large NEW DEPARTURE arm 1950 on

Thanks Scott I will have to read through these.

Back