When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New EBay problem to watch out for!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Now, any time you revise your buy it now listing, EBay resets to default that you will accept offers on a buy it now item for half the asking price! And they didn’t even f@&#*ng ask you! So, if you have a $400. Buy it now item listed, EBay constantly tries to make your listing accept any offer over or at $200. Beware!

Is that why my offers are being accepted; and I thought sellers were being nice.

I have noticed that when I change a ‘search’ to add or eliminate criteria, eBay has been reverting to ‘all snategories’ - so annoying.

I noticed that when I send an offer it gets denied and that option goes away lately. I thought my lower offer offered the seller. I guess they didn’t realize what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, any time you revise your buy it now listing, EBay resets to default that you will accept offers on a buy it now item for half the asking price! And they didn’t even f@&#*ng ask you! So, if you have a $400. Buy it now item listed, EBay constantly tries to make your listing accept any offer over or at $200. Beware!

Are you saying that if you set the "Buy-It-Now"
option with an amount that you feel is right like
$400,
Ebay can change the amount to another figure which you never agreed to?

If that's the case.....that's totally wrong and I
would report them to Better Business Bureau.

I sold on ebay for 5 years straight. had 40 listings going all the time.. nothing but old junk and car parts. then in 2008 they screwed it all up so bad I had to get a job. my sales just dropped like a rock. my canary in a coal mine was these picture CD's of car shows. I was selling 10 or so a month at 9.99 each, paid for my $1,000. camera and every trip I went on to get tot he shows. then NOTHING. like they just disappeared. the funny thing is that all the changes made in 2008 were to compete with Amazon.

Last edited:
Are you saying that if you set the "Buy-It-Now"
option with an amount that you feel is right like
$400,
Ebay can change the amount to another figure which you never agreed to?

If that's the case.....that's totally wrong and I
would report them to Better Business Bureau.

No they don't change the BIN price but they default your "accept offer" price to something ridiculous. Of course you don't have to accept these offers. All you have to do is eliminate or change it to a price you will accept. V/r Shawn

The new rule presumes that sellers list BIN prices at 100% or double what might be a fair and reasonable price; so wrong.

Or it could be that the default rule increases sales, and their fees, ($).

Last edited:
Back