When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"New England" wood wheel motobike.

-
I own this bike - I bought the whole thing, then sold him the wheels to recuperate some of the cost.

ill take a picture of the top of the crown tomorrow, any identifying numbers to look for?

does this help?

7cd15a4b-1.jpg

or this?

745ad9fd-1.jpg

like i said, my plan is to find wooden wheels with correct model A hubs and brick color button treads for display. im building a new office and i plan on having this bicycle on display, indoors.

my other plan was to get modern wheels, woodgrain them and run 700x40 creme tires to ride.

would this have had a block chain?

Get the wheels back. Or find some and trade your buddy back. JW Grady was a bike builder in Worcester MA, I don't understand all the questions about that..

That bike is friggin beautiful, minus the original rims missing! Come on, McFly, what were you thinking? lol
Your bike is referred to a Motobike. This style was popular from about the teens to 30s. The style evolved from 28 x 1.5 tires to eventually 26 inch balloon tires. At one point, both size tires were offered by most makers. If you get the rims back, Elmers White glue will bond any wood perfectly. Once cracks repaired, I would ride them!

im not a petit fellow, wooden wheels scare me - trust me on this one guys, i dont want THOSE wheels -

The original rims should stay with the bike whether or not you ride them. You can build new wheels, go talk to Charlie Harper, he is the Iowa Wheelmen captain and has some answers for you in rims & tires. You need to find the hubs, which shouldn't be too hard. But you should still have the originals with the bike.

Wow those rims are gorgeous!!!!!! Now how to convert the sizes for a tire of 28" or 29" which would be perfect for a motobike and take up the fender gaps? I don't know much about this metric stuff. Balloon are one thing, these others i have no clue.

those new wheels are beautiful - i heard there are some amish guys that are making wheels now too....

about the original wheels, i understand i goofed, but you just have to chalk that one up for inexpierence, this is my first "really" old bike (i have many bikes from the 30s - 50s). in comparison to the rest of the bike, the wheels were in horrible shape and that leads me to believe that they might not have been original, they had also been re-spoked, another strike against them. besides, the fun is in the hunt, at least for me, getting links like the one posted above.

i have an ad up in the sale forum asking for a model a -

Back