When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new find--CWC of some type.

-

panther boy

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked this up today--it is green housepaint over a metallic blue, the rear fender has a hole for attaching a luggage carrier, and the chainguard seems to be unusual. It has a grease fitting on top to oil the chain which passes thru a bracket on the rear of the guard. The paint under all the parts, including the bottom half of the light is light blue metallic. The fenders are painted, hard to tell what's under the paint. Anyone have any ideas?? Phil??

IMG_1194.gif

IMG_1211.gif

IMG_1212.gif

IMG_1216.gif

I'm pretty sure only Westfiels/Columbia had the chain oiler, and it does look like an early 60s W/C guard. CWC bikes from that era (thinking around 1950), had a big chainguard, with fins on the front that matched that tank, and would also have the name embossed on the guard. I know there were Hawthornes, Western Flyers, and Trojan 'Supers' made that way. Find the numbers on the BB, and it'll likely have a "Cw", "ACw" or "52Cw" stamped after the serial #.

Cwc

This bike is an almost exact duplicate of a Hiawatha, The frame, tank, and springer are the same, but the Hiawatha has chrome fenders and chainguard. this bike has no head badge, and the chainguard with the oiler really throws me. I've never seen one of these.

I'm no expert but i'd say the chainguard is wrong. I'm thinking it should be more like a Hiawatha one,chrome with the ribs like the tank and headlight. Btw that headlight is awesome! Only seen 2 of these before and yours is the 2nd. Great score!

Cwc

Unfortunately, the bottom half of the light is all I have. I think this is a Western Flyer Super--the colors are right, the headbadge holes are a perfect fit for the W F headbadge--all i need is a rack and Ghainguard. anyone have one for sale or trade??

Back