When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New find rambler model 26 dating help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Got this rambler today it’s a model 26.its a short frame ... Any info and a approximate date for this bike would be helpful...thanks
AAC52EDB-19CD-4341-849B-5E6ACCB358A8.jpeg

207DA355-7F7D-4D5D-866A-5CD4532F7804.jpeg

3E493871-FD37-4835-BECF-3AF34586D603.jpeg

DBD34196-9975-4EBD-BE45-FBB75E301F11.jpeg

7DAD3590-C09F-4C09-B039-FCB87B983F9B.jpeg

FA708145-7AC6-4C82-BD95-DCF9F14679C1.jpeg

Ah ha... I quess I should have looked it up.. thought it was a participation site ...oh well. Turns out it’s a 1890’s ..track bike go figure....lol...I swear I didn’t look it up till now.. too funny... :0

RACER is the word ....road on paper doesn’t mean it wasn’t on one ...not many paved or wood tracks back then....RACER in a catalog means it was a racer. .....Racing ....you know ....to challenge other in a competitive sport against others. Built to race..etc..

Last edited:
Thanks ...the Lugging changes and badge changes help date this one.. it pre 99 in my estimation it’s in the 98-99...date..not sure . I just looked at it your quoting the model 23 not the 26...for the 99 year
The 1899 Gormully and Jeffrey catalog lists the Model 26 as a Men's Light Roadster. Don't forget to look at the bottom of the seat tube and check for the I.D. tag.

Last edited:
I sold a 1893 racing , G&J, to Disney world , believe me if it was a racing bike you would certainly know it , just picking up the frame , . Good luck with your project wpb

The "Track - Racer" was a different model number. True "Track" models are very hard to find and the catalogues were always the best source to identify these real track racers.

Here's a beautiful Road Model 26 sold by a Cabe member dressed in their rare red/black combo and looking like the catalogue pic with the dropped bars. A Model 26 can be made to look really beautiful if one puts the effort in the bike to restore it properly. Even when missing all the right parts it's possible that one can restore it with a little effort.

My G&J ( and not a #26 ) will be restored like this color combo except mine will be done as the track model with the "Copper Rims" - hense the name the "Copper Rimmed Racers"! Has anyone ever seen a true TRACK MODEL "Copper Rimmed Racer" as they were called?

Image.jpg

Here's one restored almost as per the catalogue but has the down tube in red/maroon color where in fact it should be black if I'm not mistaken. Either way it's beautiful!
2828756546_60398473f1.jpg

Back