When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New find rambler model 26 dating help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It has screw holes for this style badge.

90D30312-06A2-4835-83DE-4DBC0BC9337D.jpeg

01 - 02 model 51 / 52 model numbers dont represent years FYI.

I'd agree with that. But I don't see any reason it couldn't be a Model 50 either.

It has the newer style ABC chain ring with the single screw at each spoke versus GJ two screws although I have seen the two screw design on some 1901 Ramblers as well.

It has the gallows seat post design which ABC went back to after using the tilting post for one year, 1900 only. And again, I have still seen the tilting seat post on some 1901 Rambler bicycles.

And of course it has the wrap around badge design which was used until 1903.

I'd lean towards 1902 since it has the newer gallows seat post and single screw chain ring design. Theory being by 1902 all the "old goods"/inventory was used up so to speak, on the 1901 bicycles.

As far as the model, I know on the 1898 and 1899 Rambler models 24 and 26, one distinction between the two was the number of teeth on the chain ring respectively. Whether that was by accident or design, I don't know. You may have to resort to getting a 1901 and 1902 catalog from the Wheelmen and study each for a difference like this or some other subtlety if you really want to nail down the model number.

The only way it would be 01 is if it were the racing model 52. They did have single bolt chainrings and the seat post binder is also like that. I can't remember if the bottom brackets on lightweights are less wide then the standards though.

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. But I don't see any reason it couldn't be a Model 50 either.

It has the newer style ABC chain ring with the single screw at each spoke versus GJ two screws although I have seen the two screw design on some 1901 Ramblers as well.

It has the gallows seat post design which ABC went back to after using the tilting post for one year, 1900 only. And again, I have still seen the tilting seat post on some 1901 Rambler bicycles.

And of course it has the wrap around badge design which was used until 1903.

I'd lean towards 1902 since it has the newer gallows seat post and single screw chain ring design. Theory being by 1902 all the "old goods"/inventory was used up so to speak, on the 1901 bicycles.

As far as the model, I know on the 1898 and 1899 Rambler models 24 and 26, one distinction between the two was the number of teeth on the chain ring respectively. Whether that was by accident or design, I don't know. You may have to resort to getting a 1901 and 1902 catalog from the Wheelmen and study each for a difference like this or some other subtlety if you really want to nail down the model number.
Sorry I got my model numbers mixed up it could be a 50 but would have a different stem.

Back