When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Find SPACELINER. Great Story!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
This is pretty cool... Last week I was driving to town when I decided to stop at a garage sale about 6 miles from my house.
I looked around for a few minutes at all the typical garage sale stuff like furniture, kids toys, etc. As I was leaving, I said to the lady that
all I really collect is old bikes. As I was leaving, she said that she did have an old bike in the barn. ( I have heard that before, and it
usually turns out to be some rusty, worthless ten speed). She then opens the barn door, moves a couple pieces of siding, and there it was...
A totally intact, original 1964 Men's Deluxe Spaceliner complete except for the tail light lens. She told me to make her an offer. I figured that I would start low
and work my way up to about $200.00. So, I said "how about $50.00?", Then she said OK!.
This bike will clean up great. I will of course restore it to show condition like my other bikes. The perfect mate for my restored ladies spaceliner. This bike even has the original Sears Heavy Duty Redline tires in perfect contition!
Anyway, Thanks for listening to my story................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1985.JPG
    IMG_1985.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_9637.JPG
    IMG_9637.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 121
Nice Wayne

How does the saying go "I don;t search for my bikes they find me" or something like that.
Dude that is in great shape. Not much cleaning to as I see it.
Is it a kickback rear hub or a single speed?
Are those the tires that came on it?

Nice deal my friend. If the ladies is yours as well, it will be a good marriage.
My Astros look great as a pair too.

Really $50?...wow!!!

Thanks Sulley, Hey John.

Thanks Sulley. Hey John jd56. Of course you know the Ladies Spaceliner is mine, you have seen it before.
Also, yes indeed, only $50.00!. My daughter said that I should go back and give the lady more money,
but I am sure I have overpaid in the past, so it all evens out.
The rear hub is a single speed, but I plan on taking the perfect kick back wheel off of my 1960 Higgins.
The tires are original to the bike. They offered the whitewalls back then or the heavy duty redlines.
I am out of control lately with the bike buying, and this weekend coming up is Trexlertown PA. I know I will be coming
home with something from there.
Wayne

That is the cleanest "barn find" I have seen in a while. Nice. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Hope to see you there.

Thanks Sulley. Hey John jd56. Of course you know the Ladies Spaceliner is mine, you have seen it before.
Also, yes indeed, only $50.00!. My daughter said that I should go back and give the lady more money,
but I am sure I have overpaid in the past, so it all evens out.
The rear hub is a single speed, but I plan on taking the perfect kick back wheel off of my 1960 Higgins.
The tires are original to the bike. They offered the whitewalls back then or the heavy duty redlines.
I am out of control lately with the bike buying, and this weekend coming up is Trexlertown PA. I know I will be coming
home with something from there.
Wayne

I too hope to make the T/town show. Planned on riding with scrubbinrims Chris.

Send me you phone number so we can hook up that weekend.

Great story. Great find. Never forget to ask at a garage sale about old bikes. Good score....and one heck of a cool bike!!!!

Nice find! One of the few post war, midweights I like. Thanks for sharing.

I had a similar experience once, and before leaving the garage sale I asked about old bikes and the woman took me in the garage and offered me a womans hardware badged pre-war Schwinn that was sporting a sweet Lobdell horizontal saddle! You never know...

Alan

OMG... what a beautiful find.

If you need a rear lens, shoot me a pm. I can help.

I always ask at yard sales if they have any bikes.

at one yard sale, I asked the lady running it if they had any bikes... A lady at the yard sale said she had 2 old schwinns!

I gave her my nunber, she called me the next day. I went over and picked up 2 stunning 5 speeds, like new. still had the plastic "nub" on the kick stand. One was a lime green surburban with black pin stripes, plus a schwinn bag on the back od the seat. $20 each, and they were mine

you never know. never hurts to ask!

Back