When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New find...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SimpleMan

Finally riding a big boys bike
....no idea what brand it is! Any ideas!

0arust-1.jpg

looks like you have a mixture of years on it. handle bars are wrong, neck fender brace and fork at this distance looks wrong. it looks crispy with rust. i say 20's on the rest. hard to say who made it alot of companys did.

Crispy is an understatement. Storage is at a premium so it will be stripped and save whats good. Rims and fenders are shot........a little wax should bring the shine back to the rest ;) I love the style of frame. Just didn't want to ruin anything original.

The frame could be made by Davis, which were the makers of Harley Davidson bicycles. Would have to see details of where the frame tubes meet the seat tube and the head tube, and the serial number on the bottom bracket.

I just couldn't get a clear shot of the serial #. It is ledgeble thanks to a little grease that leaked out over the years. 642882 is the serial # and right above it but upside down is what appears to be a large D stamped also....

crispy1-1.jpg

sprocket
crispy2-1.jpg

Hey,

Nice find! Some of the coolest bikes ever were of this time period and style, I think. the crank is the same as an early 1900's Peerless over on the ratbikes forum, but as other members said, a lot could have been changed, when there is so much rust it is tough to tell, and then motobikes really were pretty similar across the board... the frame looks very Elgin to me, but I really wouldn't know for sure... Good luck! :D

Sure looks like the same frame and crank arms as a Davis.

The frame could be made by Davis, which were the makers of Harley Davidson bicycles. Would have to see details of where the frame tubes meet the seat tube and the head tube, and the serial number on the bottom bracket.

0arust-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you ever want to sell that chainring.... I have been looking for that exact one for my Peerless track bike

Back