When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Georgia Bike Swap

-

onecatahula

Living the Dream
In the absence of our beloved Hurricane Coaster Swap this coming February, I huddled with Mark @auto1cycle2, Shawn @Freqman1, and Mike @Phattiremike, to come up with a good weekend to have a New Georgia Bike Swap. We settled on Saturday, March 12, to break free of Winter’s cold grip, and get those bike juices flowing !!

This will be the same venue in Hartwell GA (my backyard) that we used previously for an epic swap chronicled by Shawn here:

I will be hosting the free BBQ again, and y’all are welcome to bring whatever you want to sell, and set up a table, no charge. Mark, Shawn, and Mike have all confirmed. Particulars to follow, but please MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW: Saturday, March 12. I can almost smell that BBQ already !

@DonChristie @jimbo53 @Oilit @deepsouth @Sprockets @DB ReTodd @onecatahula @Classic Cool Rides @dasberger @phantom @Phattiremike @Freqman1 @JOEL @auto1cycle2 @badbob

Last edited:
Looks great. Is it in the City of Hartwell or on the Lake, Park etc: Is lodging available? About three hours each way for me.

Looks great. Is it in the City of Hartwell or on the Lake, Park etc: Is lodging available? About three hours each way for me.
Will there be camping spots available ?
Great questions !
We are in the town of Hartwell, which is just off the I-85, on the SW corner of Lake Hartwell, which straddles the SC border.
You are welcome to pitch a tent in my backyard (blue dot), or camp right ON the lake at the excellent KOA (purple X), 888-562-8821, or if you prefer proper lodging, right down the road at the Hampton Inn (orange O), (706) 376-4700. Both the KOA and Hampton Inn are less than 10 min away.
Or, if you happen to be bringing your boat from Clemson @John Gailey, you will need to get up very very early, and one of the KOA guys can shuttle you over to the swap.
See y’all soon. GO DAWGS !!!

Last edited:
Back