When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Georgia Bike Swap

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m bringing 4 bikes

1921(possibly to 23) Shelby Motorbike. Amazing original condition. Wheels are built up from NOS 28” British rims. ND Mod D hubs in excellent shape and rebuilt. Tires are NOS BF Goodrich Silvertown’s. Laced up with new spokes and trued up by LBS

1936 girls Colson built with a TRM fiberglass tank. Tank has working light kit and working horn. Schwalbe 26x2.35 brown tread and cream sidewall Fat Franks.

1932 Rollfast Motorbike. Originally had 28” wheels but swapped out for 700c38mm wheelset with a 3 speed Shimano Nexus hub. Converted to skiptooth cog to use original drivetrain. Very nice Troxel saddle

1936 Wards Hawthorne Fastback with collet seat post mount. Needs truss rods and a drop stand, but tires are good and hold air. Rare model.

Feel free to PM for more info. See everyone Sat AM!

Last edited:
For any guitar collectors coming I have a few I'm looking to move. If you have any interest PM me and I can send some pics/info and or bring to the swap

1880's Martin 2-21 Parlor guitar. Brazilian back and sides bar frets... 140 years old!
1966 Martin 00-18 First half of the year with tort guard and vintage tuners. After that they switched to black guard and square modern tuners
1977 Martin HD 28 Absolutely gorgeous guitar has the maple bridge plate instead of rosewood... The treble cuts on this one true "Banjo Killer"
1991 Fender American Vintage Reissue Strat. Surf green with maple neck Steve Winwood style. Near mint
2006 Fender American Highway One Jazz Bass Sonic Blue nitrocellulose finish, Bad Ass II bridge. Great bass just a P Bass guy...

All of my instruments are in great shape and have had any necessary work to make them excellent players (neck sets, cracks cleated, re-frets etc)

For any guitar collectors coming I have a few I'm looking to move. If you have any interest PM me and I can send some pics/info and or bring to the swap

1880's Martin 2-21 Parlor guitar. Brazilian back and sides bar frets... 140 years old!
1966 Martin 00-18 First half of the year with tort guard and vintage tuners. After that they switched to black guard and square modern tuners
1977 Martin HD 28 Absolutely gorgeous guitar has the maple bridge plate instead of rosewood... The treble cuts on this one true "Banjo Killer"
1991 Fender American Vintage Reissue Strat. Surf green with maple neck Steve Winwood style. Near mint
2006 Fender American Highway One Jazz Bass Sonic Blue nitrocellulose finish, Bad Ass II bridge. Great bass just a P Bass guy...

All of my instruments are in great shape and have had any necessary work to make them excellent players (neck sets, cracks cleated, re-frets etc)
WOW !
Can we see some pics Josh ?
Gotta see that 1880's Martin

After several inquiries, I am
REPOSTING THE DETAILS:

WHEN
: This Saturday Morning, March 12, 8:00 am

WHERE: 150 S Forest Ave, Hartwell, Georgia 30643

WHO: All Y’all are welcome.

HOW MUCH: it’s FREE, people !! (breakfast and BBQ included, sponsored by Mark Gordon and myself)

LODGING: I would recommend the KOA on Lake Hartwell for camping (706) 376-1340, or Hampton Inn Hartwell (706) 376-4700, if you prefer a little mint on your pillow.

INFO: Please feel free to call/text me with any questions: Pete (415) 309-8842

Last edited:
WOW !
Can we see some pics Josh ?
Gotta see that 1880's Martin
Love this little guitar... It was a craigslist find which was pulled out of a barn in Dahlonega, GA. When I got the guitar it was in pretty sad shape. Headstock was broken (luckily at the joint) and bolted on, several cracks, missing frets etc. The interesting thing is someone had "converted" it to a steel stringed gypsy jazz guitar most likely in the 20's. It had a homemade(farm) twisted steel stop bridge. The original ebony bridge and been cut and slotted into a piece of pine. If you look at the pics you can see the halo of the steel end piece and the pine contraption. There are also 3 screw holes where a pick guard was added.

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

So thats where it started... I took it to my Luthier who the good folks up in Nazareth recommended many years ago. He's a surly old dobro picker who makes a really nice custom guitar and is a vintage Martin maestro. We've done a number of projects together so I knew he was up to the task. Now what I didn't know was it would take three years... yes three years.

I stayed on him and in the end I figure given the age of the guitar in the time-space continum that seems like a reasonable turn around 🤣 When all was said and done there aren't that many guys that have the skills to work and match original french polish let alone what he did to bring this one back. Being the stand up guy he is all work performed was gratis vis-á-vie the lengthy delay.

As luck would have it he had an roll of impossible to find period correct Martin bar fret wire. He said he'd had it 35 years. So the guitar had the headstock repaired, neck reset, re-fret, new hand carved ebony pyramid bridge (he had a broken original glued back together to work off of), rosette repair, numerous back and side cracks cleated, half of strap button was gone and he repaired it as well. He also did a fantastic job bringing back the finish.

This ones stamped C.F. Martin New York before the move to PA... May look great in someones parlor... assuming someone lived in an 1800's Victorian with one 😜

IMG_9161 2.jpg

IMG_4908.PNG

Back