When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new guy wanting some bike info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Melli25

Look Ma, No Hands!
hey everyone. thanks for letting me join this great group. Im normally a fan and car kinda guy but have been looking at bikes more and more now..

heres my question. it might be dumb.. I Purchased this 61 ( supposed one year?) Schwinn Flying Star. in decent shape. I've located a tank for it. a correct one. now the tank isn't cheap. 150$ but its the correct one that came off the bike ( original seller wanted to part bike out.)

but i recently found this Monark that looks complete. its listed at 200$ but negotiable. i don't really care on value aspect but what would be a better project? i like the schwinn but see a lot of missing parts IE tank and light.. etc. The Monark is rough but very cool. so I'm just wanting honest opinions on this.

Thanks Guys,

Matt.

flying star.jpg

monark.jpg

Monarch BWDIK :sunglasses:

There is a reason that seat cover is on there...maybe good - maybe bad. Could be a nice $$$ leather seat, or it could have been chewed on by a rodent. Ask me how I know...

Welcome to the CABE, I agree w/ others the Monark is the bike to clean up and invest in. Good luck.

Mike

Welcome Matt! The Monark looks cooler if you ask me. Can’t wait to see what you do with either bike.

Back