When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new guy wanting some bike info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks guys.

So the tank is available.

The monark / both are available and I can get but will have to wait a month. Due to flooding and vacations for the sellers etc.

Now I’m gonna throw the wild card out. I haven’t seen this bike. It’s a men’s. Wooden rim Westimenster? All I got is this photo. Price is 180$ I’m not sure how I can make this but work but it has to be early right?

31234CBF-E7A3-4E10-AE35-0168E1D86ADE.jpeg

Cool badge. There is information and threads on the Simmons hardware store bikes eventually assumed by Shapleigh HDW.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ec-simmons-westminster.90884/
Not sure if 29xx refers to 1929, and who built the bikes for Simmons in those days.
Some look to be Snyder, Shelby or others, A&S, over the years and catalogs.
If you start collecting, you might consider how much you really like a certain style, for example, if it is a more plain diamond frame.
EC Simmons 1930.jpg

1930 E.C. Simmons Catalog (page 1912).
How to make it work - if work means frequent riding, then modern tires, tubes and rims, or complete wheelsets may be one route.
Some choose the slightly more-costly method of the reproduction obsolete single-tube tire.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/westminster-bike-info.152997/

Last edited:
Cool badge. There is information and threads on the Simmons hardware store bikes eventually assumed by Shapleigh HDW.
Not sure if 29xx refers to 1929, and who built the bikes for Simmons in those days.
Some look to be Snyder, Shelby or others, A&S.
If you start collecting, you might consider how much you really like a certain style, for example, if it is a more plain diamond frame.

Thank you for the info. I figured I’d at least check the bike out and get photos tomorrow. I really like the tank style bikes. But I’m not opposed to somthing older. I’m just clueless on these bikes at the moment. I appreciate it!

Most collectors start out with middleweight bikes like the flying star, then move on to the balloon era like the Monark, and sometimes further back to early bikes like the Westminster. They're all cool in my book though!

Back