When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New lu mi num

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Somewhere I have an ad with this bike but have to look harder through some stuff. I did find these quickly.. ( and they made a "Racer" in this too )

bearings1018941895cycl_0220.jpg

bearings91894cycl_0285.jpg

From G. Donald Adams book "Collecting and Restoring Antique Bicycles" - "Introduced about 1893 by the St.Louis Refrigerator and Wooden Gutter Co., St.Louis, Missouri, the Lu-Mi-Num bicycle was cast hollow in one piece. Containing a small percentage of alloy, this bicycle evidenced a very early use of aluminum. The front fork was cast solid and all was polished, but not to a mirror finish.
Rights to the manufacture of the Lu-Mi-Num bicycle were purchased by M.M. Cycles, Sans Souderes en Lu-Mi-Num who manufactured it in Paris. It was sold in England by the Lu-Mi-Num Mfg. Co., Ltd. of London.
Lu-Mi-Num's 1895 ladies and gents models weighed 25 lbs. and sold for $125. At the 1895 Chicago Bicycle Show, a Lu-Mi-Num exhibit provided for testing the strength of the aluminum handlebar. Two heavy men were permitted to suspend their weight from either side to show that it would not bend or break. Samples of the aluminum used in making the bicycle were twisted and bent into every conceivable shape without fracturing. A gauge demonstrated the perfect alignment of the Lu-Mi-Num frame, which was claimed to be truer than any steel frame.
A chain case integrally cast with the frame, gave extra strength to the 1896 model. Today Lu-Mi-Num bicycles must be ridden with care to guard against fracturing due to age and embrittlement of the aluminum."

There is an illustration of the 1896 model with the chain case in the book.

Thanks for the great information Craig! I got a copy of that book a few months ago from Scott McCaskey but haven't cracked its cover. He has more copies available if anyone needs them. Kindly, Brant

View attachment 680866 View attachment 680867 View attachment 680868 View attachment 680869 View attachment 680870 View attachment 680871 View attachment 680872 View attachment 680873 View attachment 680874 View attachment 680875 View attachment 680876 View attachment 680877 View attachment 680878 Hello all. I am new please forgive any mistakes that I make. I would like to know all of your thoughts on this bicycle. I am interested to know what brand of all the parts needed to restore it. Are there any clear pictures of a complete one out there?
IT IS A BIRD IT IS A PLANE IT IS A......SO TIGHT......OMG....SO COOL...

Back