When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Here.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Joe. I'm an American living in Canada. (I married in.) I make my living making records and writing novels.

I have been building and collecting pre-1980 BMX bikes for a good number of years now. I now exclusively collect Redline brand, but have had many other types. I will happily post some photos very shortly.

I still have the 1975 or 1976 Fleetwing Tigercat I received for my 8th or 9th birthday. I can't recall which, but I do remember that I was up way past my bedtime, watching The Streets of San Francisco, waiting for my folks to come home with the bike.

What I love to do most is take an original bike and try to preserve it. I prefer to not refinish or replace decals. I love looking at a bike with scars and imagining its past. I also love the patination of original paint.

I recently bought a 1972 Raleigh Chopper MK-1. It is almost 100% complete. I'm just about finished with the de-rusting and polishing of every part. Again, I'll happily post photos.

Just today I bought what I believe is a very early CCM Mustang. It has really nice purple finish.
I also bought what I believe is an all original Western Flyer ladies bike from the 1950s or 1960s.

By the way, I blame Rob Eagleye for causing me to expand my horizons. I've learned a good deal from him in a short time. That said, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. I'm in no way an expert on all things BMX, but I'm more than happy to try and help and hopefully give back.

Okay, I promised my wife I'd help her hang some pictures 40 minutes ago. I should probably wash the grease from my hands first.

Happy to be here,Joe

Welcome, Joe! Maybe we'll meet up if you're back in the Boston area again soon! Enjoy your growing collection and bike addiction/affliction. It's all good whatever you want to call it!

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Joe. I'm an American living in Canada. (I married in.) I make my living making records and writing novels.

I have been building and collecting pre-1980 BMX bikes for a good number of years now. I now exclusively collect Redline brand, but have had many other types. I will happily post some photos very shortly.

I still have the 1975 or 1976 Fleetwing Tigercat I received for my 8th or 9th birthday. I can't recall which, but I do remember that I was up way past my bedtime, watching The Streets of San Francisco, waiting for my folks to come home with the bike.

What I love to do most is take an original bike and try to preserve it. I prefer to not refinish or replace decals. I love looking at a bike with scars and imagining its past. I also love the patination of original paint.

I recently bought a 1972 Raleigh Chopper MK-1. It is almost 100% complete. I'm just about finished with the de-rusting and polishing of every part. Again, I'll happily post photos.

Just today I bought what I believe is a very early CCM Mustang. It has really nice purple finish.
I also bought what I believe is an all original Western Flyer ladies bike from the 1950s or 1960s.

By the way, I blame Rob Eagleye for causing me to expand my horizons. I've learned a good deal from him in a short time. That said, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. I'm in no way an expert on all things BMX, but I'm more than happy to try and help and hopefully give back.

Okay, I promised my wife I'd help her hang some pictures 40 minutes ago. I should probably wash the grease from my hands first.

Happy to be here,Joe
Welcome to the cabe

Back