When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Intro and a 1942? Snyder Built Black Beauty Ballooner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I put around 40-45 psi on my tires and they ride great.. I like a little firmer ride and they pedal alot easier too... Your Black Beauty is coming along ways since you started.. RideOn...

I won't be running this one at 45 psi...

This is the same tire that blew off the rim. It seemed ok when I seapped it to the front rim. Last night, I had it at maybe 25 psi and saw the bead starting to creep off. Deflated reseated, and inflated back to 20 psi. Noticed the casing separating this morning. Looks like this tire is only good for a display bike at low pressure. I did buy 2 sets of these, so I have spares, but it's a bummer. Wish I had the chain treads.

View attachment 1712234
I won't be running this one at 45 psi...

This is the same tire that blew off the rim. It seemed ok when I seapped it to the front rim. Last night, I had it at maybe 25 psi and saw the bead starting to creep off. Deflated reseated, and inflated back to 20 psi. Noticed the casing separating this morning. Looks like this tire is only good for a display bike at low pressure. I did buy 2 sets of these, so I have spares, but it's a bummer. Wish I had the chain treads.
Wow, this is a new swipe on these tires that I have not seen before.. Would Coker make good on a replacement for this BADD tire or would you have to eat the cost? This really sucks man...

Wow, this is a new swipe on these tires that I have not seen before.. Would Coker make good on a replacement for this BADD tire or would you have to eat the cost? This really sucks man...
They're pretty clear that these NOS tires aren't guaranteed and that they recommend them for display purposes. When I spoke to them on the phone, they reiterated that. I suspect this carcass damage may be been caused when the tire blew off the rim the first time when the tube exploded.

Well, it's pretty dang close to being done. Took these pics this morning before I saw the split tire casing and before my NOS front axle and axle nuts showed up. The original axle was pretty chewed up on the ends from someone using incorrect bolts. Got the axle and nuts swapped and installed another one of my questionable Coker "NOS" repop Schwinn Typhoon treads. This one did feel like it fit the rim maybe just a tad better (or I'm just being optimistic).

All that is left is to swap some thinner jam nuts on the springer knee lever pivot. The outer nuts are only threaded halfway on and the nuts I ordered are going to be just what it needs. I grabbed what I could find in the hardware aisle to replace some missing bits just to get the springer functioning. Whoever messed with this thing however many years ago just threw a single bolt on top of the fender stay and truss rod end and jammed it down tight, so there was no pivot action at all. I'm just happy the pivot bolts and brass spacers that go between the knee levers and the forķ were still there. Who knows how hard those would have been to track down!

20221014_095333.jpg

20221014_095443.jpg

20221014_095451.jpg

20221014_095504.jpg

Back