When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member / Old Bikes! (1961

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1956-hornet.jpg

The bike in reference has the Rocket Ray which is why I'm saying it is a Panther. The picture you posted is from the 52 catalog. The one I'm posting is from 1951.

Can we get a better picture of the seat on the black bike? It looks like it has wear tabs on the sides, wouldn't that indicate a high end model?

Hello & thank you all for the continued interest / info / questions. Apologies for the delayed response on my end - here in SoCal we've been having some huge wind storms and I've just finished cleaning up and dropping off 480 pounds of eucalyptus branches (that fell on the roof) at the dump. Roofer is coming tomorrow but I should be able to check some of these details over the weekend and report back.

If the bottom bracket somehow got full of water and the water froze, it could burst the bottom bracket. But that's a big WAG. Sure is an awfully thick coat of paint though.

Back