When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new member with some questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
there are so many scratches and gouges, and rust, that i'm sure the original paint is gone, or in such bad shape it can't be saved. as i said too, it was painted with automotive paint, not spray paint. so a reducer more than likely will not work to remove it. i know it will never be original, but it will be nice anyway.
quick question. the seat post at the top is bent 90 degrees. is this supposed to be like that or was it bent by someone else? kinda looks like a laid back post on a bmx bike.
thanks for all the help and e-mails guys. i really appreciate it.

i did some clean up. the serial numbers under the bottom bracket are as follows;
E 1
the bike had been stripped down to bare metal, primed, and then painted. so the original paint is gone.

It's a Colson Snap Tank bike. The seat post is not bent, it is supposed to be like that. It's a lucky "7" seatpost.

thats cool. thanks. so is this bike worth restoring? and yes the tanks do snap on.

synthetic enamel reducer

I went to Home Depot and I couldn't find synthetic enamel reducer.
Nor had they ever of it in the paint dept. The closest thing I could find was graffiti remover.

Are there any brands or what else might it be called?

Sherwinn williams sells it.A automitive paint supply place will have it also.

Thats what I use
sythenticreducer-1.jpg

Girls Colson

Neat Bike

And It's All There

Good Luck With House Paint.

Keep Water Handy To Delute Paint Remover So You Don't Damage Original Paint.

Wes

thanks wes. unfortunetly, the original paint was gone. it looks like the entire bike, including chrome, had been sandblasted. so, even though it's not the original paint, i took it down to our family's body shop, and had a triple black with red inlay paint job put on it. i just need to order new spokes and nipples, paint the hoops, and have the handle bars- sprocket- cranks- neck- and few other small parts rechromed. i know it won't be original, but it's still cool. i'll add it to my collection, and maybe my wife will ride it when we enter my bikes in the local parades.

Back