When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new, new project page

-
very pretty, I'm 6'1" I wish they made them a bit bigger. I always liked the wing bars. the fenders are painted? I thought they would be stainless. what color are they going to be? a bit of color would make this bike really stand out:D
Scott

supper- That bike is just awesome! Man, there is a lot of cool bikes people have on here!

Beautiful Bike

Supperfiets ,very nice job on the wingbar...............37 Fleetwood ,I dont know what "cross bike " wheels are.They are roughlly 7/8 wide and a 28.5 " tire fit on them.Perfect solution to make an unrideable ,rideable.Bike and wheels wher supplied by someone knowlegeable from this site(thank you).I just forgot whom I dealt with.Get that motor bike runnin
JAcycle

Hi, sorry, I should have explained better. "cycle cross" or "hybrid" bikes are half road bike and half mountain bike. here is a photo of one. notice that the wheels are tall like a road bike but the tires are big like mountain bike tires.
ee9e_3.gif

hawthorne duralium silverstreak

well ,
difficult to find out the right information but what i know that the fenders of a
wingbar model are painted in a sort of fog-blue/seagreen/misty grey something...but there also where the "normale" m2 with red painted fenders,
this one going to have blue ones like the pictures and that wil give the bike that breakin' touch i think , also it is originel to the bike, i am not very tall so the bike drive like a caddy, now i have to finish my Samsco first and in the winter i will begin with my silverking M2 polishing job, and hope to find me a Dayton someday .....:rolleyes:
DSCN04931-1.jpg
Ebay_June_1__2006_059-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good for a rider---I think I'd have painted the new rims so mask their newness.Premier was a Mead brand(built by schwinn as you said) I think

Hey Supperfiets,what did you do to get that aluminum to shine like that?
I have an original 47 Hextube that needs a good polishing. The flat parts of the frame feel kinda rough but i don`t dare sand it and it doesn`t seem like it will just polish off.

What condition was yours in before you cleaned it? Do you have any "before" pictures?

I`ll post one of mine when i get a chance.

polish your king....

Hi Monark 52,
okay send your hexbar to me....i will polish it for you...just kidding...men a hexbar i want it to for my collection okay,okay , i'll stop dreaming, i have search a lot of day to do a perfect job on the aluminium, so what was my goal? do i polish it to death?do i want it in concours condition?
I wanted to be nice but not concourse condition, i mean i also want to ride it with sunny days, so what was nice enough? if you have some old deep scratches...leave them and accept them the bike is from the '30...and is in a used condition...so my frame have heavy corrosion on it and "new"scratches from someone who started the job but didn't finished it..so you have to start to wetsand it...scary? a little bit,because you make new scratches agiain, first
you decrease the frame ...then in my case
start with ;#80,#120,#220,#320,#400,#600,#800,#1000,#1200,#2000..take your time and do it in a sort of session otherwise you going get made, have a coffee with it and some good music that keep you going and use a little bit of soap in your water when sanding it and be sure to sand it one direction so only one way and back , make no crossing movements! and don't press to hard on the sand paper, let the sandpaper do the work!
when you start you have 'new' scratches and the aluminium looks a bit brighter then it was also because you sand out the first amount of weather out of it then go further with the rest of the sanding tabel but be sure to send it al the same direction wich you did before!so afhter a good 4/5 days of sanding or if you have the time 3 days , then the last proces with the 2000 grid it wil be very smooth aluminium and you have a mat shiny aluminium,buy some micro cloths or an old clean t-shirt to wipe the frame clean and decrease it again! so this is the point it will going to be shiny!you can polish it, what whe have here in holland is polish soap, if you have it there use the blue one take a electric-bore ( i don't know the good word for it ) with a wheel-polisher-pad and start to polish be be very carefull to hold the electric-bore very tight otherwise it will smash against you frame and you have a new deeper scratch and that ain't funny....but you live in the states and if you have some more money go to this site ( http://www.perfectpolish.com ) and send a mail to [email protected] and send your picture of the frame and he again explane how to polish your frame with there products, and there very good and i think it is worth it, i also send him pictures of my bike and he like the polishing job very much...
so if you want more information you can send me an email ( [email protected] )..here is an picture of a wingbar in the same state wich mine where and nice to know this frame was sold on graiglist for $100....:D
O2h4gw4wVaOA9UK2xQnLVgXPVHhj-1.jpg
IMG_1004-1.jpg
IMG_1945-1.jpg

Hi, I usually use Steel wool on aluminum carefully. like an S.O.S pad.try it first, much less damage than sanding. the soap helps to keep you from scratching it too much.good luck and be careful.
Scott:cool:

Back