When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New "Old" Evans

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barebo

Look Ma, No Hands!
Finally had decent weather to shoot the Metal Specks paint and clear coat on my frame, fork, and chain guard.
Obviously not a to the letter restoration, but a great rider for the Erie Canal paths and putting around town on.
Had the seat done by Northeast Trim in Wampsville, NY - nice job. Cheap fenders and grips were ebay finds.

I had everything stripped and re - worked bearings as needed. The rims would only shine up to a degree, and the original "CycleRama" tires roll nicely.

What do you think???

IM000132.JPG

IM000133.JPG

IM000134.JPG

Thanks ! The bike came to me in rough shape - several dents in rusty fenders - torn seat, etc. I assumed that being from the mid 50's it would be solidly built so went ahead and tried to give it a new life.
I was amazed that everything basically just needed a good cleaning and grease re - pack on the bearings. I soaked the chain in oil after scrubbing it with a brass brush for 2 months and it's near new!
It rides smooth and feels tight and straight, and in person looks pretty nice. Glad I found it!

Your patience, especially the 2 months with the chain was a nice payoff! I think it's cool when you can put something that's deteriorated like that bike back into circulation!

It was a great learning experience for me being my first experience with a vintage bike. I'd like to find another in more complete original condition and see where it goes. I've ridden this one a bit and it amazes me that it's such a well mannered bike - I'm really liking it!!!

IM000104.JPG

IM000105.JPG

Back