When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Old Phantom Owner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jester125

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all, I just acquired a Schwinn Phantom from an old neighbor cleaning out his basement. I searched the serial number and found out it was built on Oct of 1952. Its a cool looking bike but really beat up and looks like its missing a few parts. I'm not sure if I should just clean it up and just ride it, do a full resto or sell it. Opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

20190203_153129.jpg

Nice Schwinn! Only missing the tank, front fender brace and fore brake lever. Real nice that they painted the fenders, rims and fork rods. A good cleaning, overhaul and missing parts would have that thing looking/riding great!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the CABE!
Don't paint it unless you want to cut the value in half. Search here on the CABE for tips and tricks to clean it up and service it, then ride it and enjoy!
From what I can see it's missing the horn tank, headlight lens and has the wrong grips on it.
These parts can be had without spending a fortune, (the tank would cost the most, couple hundred give or take) or just enjoy it as is.

38D20700-5127-47B4-8C3A-D95923A653F8.jpeg

I just bought this it’s missing some things can someone please tell me what size chain tires and tubes this would need

some people spend their whole lives looking for a phantom and some find them in their neighbors house....life is unfair...just kidding...you scored. take your time and study up how to clean it up and youll be amazed how little effort itll take to refurbish this gem. thanks for sharing. parts for this are not too difficult to find.

Back