When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Photos to Help ID the Early Pierce Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

James427

'Lil Knee Scuffer
So I went to look at the bike and take better photos and I'm kicking myself because I forgot to look at the serial number!! I will be going back over there to buy some other items from him so I will check again, but here are the photos I took today. What can you experts tell me about this bike and its value?

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Hey James,
Welcome to the Cabe....
I am no expert but.....
The bones of the bike are nice, and while very cool.... the seat frame, wheelset, pedals, and likely stem and bars are add ons, and the wheels are in rough condition.
The paint decals are also cool, but aren't original.
frame, crank, fork look correct.
I couldn't put a value on it as no serial, and the pictures are limited.
also depends where you live....stuff is cheaper in the east.
no way I would pay more than 700 even thinking I could sell the pedals.....but that's me.
at 2000 asking price I would pass on this one.
It will take a few bucks to get this beater up and running.
good luck, its cool at a decent price.

It is not an "early" Pierce as the OP states, it is an Angola built Pierce. My guess is mid 1920's but the serial number would be a huge help to pin it down a better date. Look at the top of the bottom bracket. In the end the date isn't going to add value on this one; if it is 1919 or 1929 it makes no difference.

$2,000 is sucker price for this bicycle as I have stated before. Half or less is more acceptable considering you what you need to make it more presentable.

I actually like the decals. One would wish the Pierce top tube decals are present as they are sexy as hell. Any decals on the downtube or seat mast? The best hope for you is it is a marked with a PK racer decal. The Kramer racers are sweet. I can't see any in the present images; thinking this bicycle received a repaint in the late 20's-early 30's.

Last edited:
Back