When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Poll: what Era had the best bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Which Age Had The Best Bikes?

• Ordinary - Highwheels

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Early Safeties and Motor Bikes

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Prewar Ballooners

Votes: 181 57.8%
  • Postwar

Votes: 45 14.4%
  • Middleweight

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Muscle Bikes

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Lightweight

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Modern Cruisers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mountain Bikes

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Road Bikes

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Hangs his head in shame--(sign) Had to go with the Middleweights.

Care fees

When faced with paying for care, you will inevitably come across a host of strange terms such as: Long term care annuities, capital thresholds, means test, deferred payments scheme, tariff income, registered nursing care contribution, 12 weeks property disregard, NHS continuing Care.

Care fees
equity release advice

post war ... I don't feel so bad when I cut em up. yes I have had threat mail, I'm talking about the cheepies. bare naked swoopy frames mmmmhm.

Aesthetically I prefer pre-war balloon tire bicycles. My '39 Elgin has been my trusty commuter for probably 8 years now. I dealt with it when I lived in Vermont. Everywhere else I lived, or rode was mostly flat. Now that I live in the middle of a large hill in Cincinnati, I'm finally having to explore building a custom bicycle with multi-speed internally geared hubs, and using a frame that actually fits my body. 30 miles a day isn't going to happen on the Elgin. That's why I'm finally back in the forum. :)

Vote #99. PRE WAR BALLOONERS BABY!!!

No contest.

Made with great pride by skilled folks who were very proud of their work and earned a fair wage doing it. America's glory days tangibly exemplified in motion. Pure beauty.

The most popular bike IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the one you like, the one that aint wortha dime, the rusted , fu messed up , piece of junk, that stole your heart and your buddies picked on your ass for, behind yo grannies house. BUT its your bike. COOL.!!!!!!!!!!!1

Doc

I Like Postwar Balloon Tire Bicycles

Why Postwar? Because that was the period in time when American manufacture had reached its zenith. Designs were cool. Products had reached the pinnacle of creativeness. And the balloon tire bicycle was king.

Don't get me wrong, I like pre-war balloon tire bicycles as well. But parts are much harder to come by, and availability is hit and miss.

Lastly, I remember the balloon tire bikes from the 50's. They were still around somewhat in the 60's etc. But I don't remember anyone still riding the pre-war bikes.

F.A.

I'm all post-war. After the war there were huge amounts of bicycles.
You could find so many combinations, shapes, and designs.

I love post-war.

Back