When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Post... Tell me about Original Paint on a Bike...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cowboy in NC

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey Guys,
I`d appreciate the Experts lending a little of their time to discussing how to tell original paint from repaint...
Thanks ---Cowboy

Original paint:
full?d=1482285554.jpg

Repaint:
s-l1600-jpg.jpg

Simply by looking.... Og paint looks professional, but not too perfect, shows signs of wear and tear. Its just a visual thing

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Simply by looking.... Og paint looks professional, but not too perfect, shows signs of wear and tear. Its just a visual thing

I use the scratch and sniff method.

Very often on repaints not done professionally, the fender rivets will be painted over. OR the fender rivets are replaced with modern ones when the painter has taken the time to remove them before repainting.

I understand. Let`s say the bike has been painted two or three times. How do you know when you`ve reached the original color? ----Cowboy
Or maybe is real rusty?

Last edited:
Back