When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New project / First post on here

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jeff the Skid

Look Ma, No Hands!
Been on here for a while but haven't posted so I thought I'd share my latest find rather than be on the sidelines looking in. Picked this up a week ago and ready to get started cleaning. It was listed as 1936 Western Flyer and am glad to have it. I know it's missing a few things but it will make a good cruiser for me. Any and all info/comments on what's good and or missing are greatly appreciated. One thing I'd like to know is the correct kick stand style needed as it does not have one and there isn't a mounting place for a drop stand.

Thanks to Chris in California and Gary (Skidkings) for the lead on this!!

Thanks
Jeff

P1020930.JPG

P1020934.JPG

P1020936.JPG

P1020942.JPG

P1020938.JPG

P1020931.JPG

Welcome and nice first ride, The bike is made my Shelby and the bike came with drop stand with ears originally plus your missing your rear clip for it that goes on the rear fender!

Very cool bike and will make a great build. I'm thinking this might be a 38 or later by the style of truss rods. Like George said, shelby made for sure. These are often referred to as wishbone frames. Keep us up to date on its progress and welcome to the cabe.

I have had these OG with side stands also so unless the holes in fender line up with a clip. could go either way.

Love those style of fenders I'd fill in those holes and go side stand so 's not to have a rear drop stand take away the look of the bike and those fender braces.

Very cool bike and will make a great build. I'm thinking this might be a 38 or later by the style of truss rods. Like George said, shelby made for sure. These are often referred to as wishbone frames. Keep us up to date on its progress and welcome to the cabe.
definitely late than '36,38 would be closer. airflow fenders,and truss rods for starters. keith

Still learning about this style of bike so thanks again for the input on year. From what I've read, there isn't a serial # list for these (or is there?) so here's a pic of mine for the list if it helps.
IMG_2327-1.jpg

I'm Jealous! Only Shelby I've got is a low bar... Really low; as, in GIRLS bike. Those fenders have really heavy guage steel in them; and, that frame style IS something distinct and special. Beautiful fender braces! Great Score!

Back