When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New project information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robinson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Need more information about it

9B9F9271-D57F-4D94-A9FB-EED5BF009EAC.jpeg

09E690C3-C448-49A2-ADB0-8BDBDB011D69.jpeg

CCBCE4FC-256C-4A81-BE30-2EDE6B5B6FFC.png

F0770223-8037-4D04-9F7E-9DC362CED18E.jpeg

B6416663-00B4-4C60-8080-4C8DF7DF432B.jpeg

-----

thanks so much for sharing this unusual find

pretty clear we are in the 1950's here

shell of rear hub should carry a date marking

headset and bottom bracket thread is BSC

is wheel size 26 X 1 3/8?; any marking on rims?

barrel of front hub may carry a marking; Union is one possibiliity

pedals are likely to be either Union or WECO

brake set looks to be a Weinmann item

front rack appears it may be an ESGE product

if you have occasion to repack the bottom bracket the centre section of the spindle may carry a marking

forum member @non-fixie is highly expert on Dutch products
he shall be along shortly to enlighten us...

---

the Scheuer company of New York is the owner of The Londoner marque

during the 1950's they had the cycles contract produced by Bauer of Germany and by Batavus of The Netherlands, as here

during the 1960's sourcing was relocated to Japan where the cycles were manufactured by Bridgestone & by Fuji

should note that there is an unrelated Londoner marque which is based in Britain

-----

Last edited:
I'll be damned! I got one of those Londoners for Christmas in 1961! No tank or light so a lesser model, but same frame 3 speed lightweight with aluminum fenders with wire braces. Flamboyant Red too. This is the first one I've seen in over 10 years of looking. Purchased at a Totem dept store in Scottsdale AZ. I was told mine would have been a Kent distributed bike and their frame was identical but never seen an ad with them using the Londoner name.

-----

found this forum post where a spot of Kent history is given -

"Kent was never a "house brand". The Kent brand dates back to 1958 and since it's beginning has been owned by Kent International. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, where the bicycles were originally manufactured. Over the years, the bicycles also been manufactured by various Asian sources, though the company has recently brought back manufacturing to a California factory. The Kent brand was marketed through various large retail chains, which may have given the impression that it was a house brand but these retailers did not own the brand, so Kent should not be considered a house brand. It's worth noting that Kent International has revived and now owns two brands familiar to many C& V members; Shogun and Takara."

-----

-----

found this forum post where a spot of Kent history is given -

"Kent was never a "house brand". The Kent brand dates back to 1958 and since it's beginning has been owned by Kent International. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, where the bicycles were originally manufactured. Over the years, the bicycles also been manufactured by various Asian sources, though the company has recently brought back manufacturing to a California factory. The Kent brand was marketed through various large retail chains, which may have given the impression that it was a house brand but these retailers did not own the brand, so Kent should not be considered a house brand. It's worth noting that Kent International has revived and now owns two brands familiar to many C& V members; Shogun and Takara."

-----

I really have no idea who was the manufacturer of my Londoner, but it did have a chain guard with that given model name. It also had the European alloy kick stand.

Last edited:
I really have no idea who was the manufacturer of my Londoner, but it did have a chain guard with that given model name. It also had the European alloy kick stand.

-----

from the date and description of your example would expect it to have been either a Bauer or Batavus produced cycle

---

forgot to mention above -

the brazed-on cantilever tube holder bridge seen in this image is an interesting frame construction piece

both NERVEX & BOCAMA produced bridges of this sort

do not recognize the maker of this one; perhaps EKLA might be a possibility...

f0770223-8037-4d04-9f7e-9dc362ced18e-jpeg.jpg

-----

Interesting! I wasn't aware that Batavus built built these. Certainly never saw one in Holland.

Back