When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new project post. lets see 'em

-
my main worry was finding a Sturmey with a coaster brake since I didn't want to have to run brake cables and levers and mount the brakes themselves. I don't know if it is clear that I intend to run modern chain. I am not going to use skip tooth chain. I thought about going the route you mention but it is so much cheaper to simply go to regular modern chain and I don't think I could find a hub with both, a screw mount sprocket, and coaster brake. I have a 36 spoke Sturmey coaster brake hub that I have had laced into a 26" drop center rim. it will look the same basically except the shifter cable. 2 and 3 speeds were available just not this type. from 1938-1940 Huffman even offered regular 1/2" pitch chain. maybe I should find a 52 tooth Monark sprocket instead since that is the sprocket they seem to have used:D .
thanx.
Scott
vbulletin

Scott, FYI, there are skip tooth Sturmys out there. Could also go with a period half inch Sturmy and Huffy sprocket, good accessory for the bike. And someone is making skip tooth replacement sprockets for Sturmys.

Nice looking bike.

hey, this is for projects not yard art.
vomit-smiley-020.gif

scott
P.S. it's about time you posted something!

Last edited:
This winter's project.

Attachments

• starlett 1.JPG
    starlett 1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 116
  • Starlette 2.JPG
    Starlette 2.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Starlette 3.JPG
    Starlette 3.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 63
Nice Project I just bought a Real nice starlet the same color for my Girlfriend.

Tandem

Nice score on the tandem. I was going to bid, but I couldn't decide if it was a factory produced bike or somebodies frankenstein. Speaking of frankenstein here is pic of my future restomod X-53
frankenbike1-1.jpg

Tin Bender,
That beast is pretty cool. It sure looks like a factory build. Never seen one like it before myself.

Post some more pix when you get it.

Back