When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Raleigh Chopper Find

-

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So this 71 Girlie Chopper has my favorite S/A hub (S3C) that allows me to make giant skid marks in my driveway. I hope the neighbors do not notice that no children live here and wonder what Kook is making all the "J" shaped skids while making "Whoot, whoot, whoot" noises. This bike came to me from New Jersey. I was very happy to get it in trade for a MK3 chopper that I still had in the box from 2004 or so.

IMG_8013[1].JPG

IMG_8014[1].JPG

Oops! I hit POST before I was done.

Any way.

The bike was in need of tons of touch up and correct parts

IMG_8046[1].JPG

IMG_8047[1].JPG

I got lucky with the cleanup and the paint match for the guard and had all the right parts and accessories in the parts bins. (I used to have quite a few MK1 Choppers)

IMG_8016[1].JPG

The seat should be white...the front fender is actually off an RSW, but close enough for me.

IMG_8017[1].JPG

IMG_8020[1].JPG

IMG_8021[1].JPG

She proudly resides on the "Keeper" rack in the basement. When I sold most of my bikes to build a house, I kept only 20 bikes. These Choppers were among the few things I kept from before.

IMG_8022[1].JPG

The Sprint GT is a bird not often seen in the US. This odd beast is very correct. She came to me from Dave Salmon at Bittacy Cycles.

IMG_8023[1].JPG

IMG_8025[1].JPG

IMG_8024[1].JPG

IMG_8026[1].JPG

IMG_8027[1].JPG

Below is my second Chopper. My first was under the Xmas tree in 1970.This one is a derailleur 5 speed. With HBR!

IMG_8028[1].JPG

The bike below is one of 2 1970 3+2 HBR models. I have never seen any ads for this model. I do remember seeing these on the shop floor at the local Raleigh dealer in Bloomfield CT. The twin stick was confusing to the children who were expected to ride the thing.

IMG_8029[1].JPG

IMG_8030[1].JPG

Mmmmmm... Royal Carmine!

Awesome bikes Jim! I dig those girlie Choppers, great look to the frame and kind of cool Raleigh still gave it a stick shift on the column.

And I believe I am in love with the Royal Carmine 3+2 o_O

Awesome bikes Jim! I dig those girlie Choppers, great look to the frame and kind of cool Raleigh still gave it a stick shift on the column.

And I believe I am in love with the Royal Carmine 3+2 o_O
Thanks Rob! I am surprised how much people are asking for the Choppers now. Are these getting scarce in your neck of the woods as well?

Nice score and great collection. Don't worry about your neighbors, Jim. I'm sure it will be posted on youtube

And I believe I am in love with the Royal Carmine 3+2 o_O[/QUOTE

Never seen a girls. What would a clean one sell for?
Thanks

Back