When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Red Rubber to tire your high wheel bicycle.

-
Price
$4.00 to $6.50 per foot
Payment Terms
money order
Zipcode

Hardrider

Look Ma, No Hands!
FABULOUS RED TIRE RUBBER NOW AVAILABLE!! (Revised 10/30/23)
After a long absence, we can now make available, the red tire rubber for your High Wheel bike and Hard Tire Safety. This is not to be confused with red plastic tiring rubber we all have seen. Beware of lab tubing, strange colors and rubber made for buggies. We deal only in the red SRB rubber, manufactured to our standards of color and hardness. Ours is genuine rubber factory produced for us made right here in the USA. Almost all original tires were red but I have read catalog descriptions with other colors. Because of the economics of production, we can only supply RED rubber. If you are new at this work, please read Wheelmen Bulletin No. 4, Mounting Tires on High Wheel Bicycles, free on the Wheemen.org website. PLEASE NOTE; Because of inventory complexities, if you order for example, 15 feet of 7/8" tiring, it may come in 2 pieces. This works perfectly fine as using more than one piece to tire a wheel as the compression tightens up all joints so that they effectively disappear. I have done this on many bikes and it is a satisfactory way of tiring.

The prices are __$4.00/ft___for the ¾” diameter rubber,

____$4.50/ft_____for the 7/8” diameter rubber.

$6.50/ft______ 1” diameter rubber.

______$5.00/ft________5/8” diameter rubber.
Our prices are based on inventory costs and right now we have relatively inexpensive tiring. Prices for future orders may be substantially higher and as a hobbyist, we are holding prices down to enable restorers to get low cost material.

YOUR ORDER:

______________feet of ¾” rubber

_______________feet of 7/8” rubber

______________feet of 1” rubber

______________feet of 5/8” rubber.

If you have a problem measuring the rim size, please call us for assistance.
We can now handle some Overseas orders, please inquire as to the specifics of your needs before submitting an order. This is important to have a successful transaction. Thank you for your patience. If you are in Canada, please find a U.S. agent to handle shipments as customs is especially complex.

Shipping
is by USPS. A typical 20 pound box from DC to Detroit, Mich. is about $20 for 3-day priority mail using Medium Box FRB . USPS is the cheapest for boxes of this size of an average high wheel rubber order. The USPS website has a table to calculate shipping if your request is outside the usual 2 piece order. Suggest you use shipping of $20 in making your payment. I don't expect it, but if necessary, an adjustment may be made. Please add the shipping cost to the cost of rubber when submitting an order. In circumstances where USPS cannot deliver, we use UPS or other shippers. I can help on any question regarding shipping before you order.

The following table is based on 3.14 times the wheel diameter plus 6 inches for compression and minor differences in actual rim diameters. We have seen many wheels where the original rims have been replaced and the new rims are not the same as the original size. If you have any problems with calculating your needs, please call us and we will help getting the right number. Attached is a table of diameter to length of rubber for each size wheel.

Wheel Diameter
46 inch wheel----13 feet of rubber
48 inch wheel----13 ½ feet of rubber
50 inch wheel----14 feet of rubber
52 inch wheel-----14-1/2 of rubber
54 inch wheel -----15 feet of rubber
56 inch wheel -----15-1/2 of rubber

16 inch wheel--- 5 feet of rubber
18 inch wheel ----5-1/2 feet of rubber
20 inch wheel ----6 feet of rubber
24 inch wheel-----7 feet of rubber
30 inch wheel---- 8 ½ feet of rubber

All orders are shipped within 72 hours of receipt of payment for the rubber and shipping. Please pay with your USPS money order ONLY. Send orders and money order to this name and address:

Russell Mamone (Email address [email protected])
2610 Northampton Street , NW
Washington, DC 20015
Phone 202-244-7435. I do not have an answering machine, so be patient.
Terms and conditions of sales:

You must fill out the order blank, sign, date and fill in the agreement checkbox at bottom, including printing your name and your ship to address.
Please note: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No exchanges, No returns. You are responsible for determining the size and length you require and for providing us with a deliverable address for the shipment.
your ship to address and information:

address:______________________________
city and state:_____________________________
zip code:_____________________________

Email address to reach you: ______________

your phone #:__________________________

please print your name here: _______________________

[ ] check box agreeing to all terms and conditions of sale. Thank you !!

Your Signature______________________________ Date________

Last edited:
Hi could you post a photo of the red rubber - I dont want to open a file from an unknow source thank you - I am interested in the 1 inch John

Hi could you post a photo of the red rubber - I dont want to open a file from an unknow source thank you - I am interested in the 1 inch John
John,
A picture is attached, just click on the symbol and it will open up. Its my attachment, so no need to worry about
some danger to your system. If concerned, send me your email address and I will send a photo directly to you.
My email address is in the order form explanations. Thanks.

John,
A picture is attached, just click on the symbol and it will open up. Its my attachment, so no need to worry about
some danger to your system. If concerned, send me your email address and I will send a photo directly to you.
My email address is in the order form explanations. Thanks.
the photo opens on my desk top but not on my phone where I first saw it - that looks great nice color

Back