When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Red Rubber to tire your high wheel bicycle.

-
Price
$4.00 to $6.50 per foot
Payment Terms
money order
Zipcode
beginner question here, how do you joint both ends together?
thanks for offering this
Because we make the circumference of the rubber greater than that of the rim, the rubber compresses and squeezes the gap out of the tire. This technique also keeps the rubber tire from opening up when the bike is ridden. Thanks for the inquiry. Wheelmen bulletin No. 4, written by Bob McNair, is a good intro as to how to properly install new tires and an understanding of how it all works. It is available on the Wheelmen web site under reference materials.

FABULOUS RED TIRE RUBBER NOW AVAILABLE!! (Revised 11/18/21)

After a long absence, we can now make available, the red tire rubber for your High Wheel bike and Hard Tire Safety. This is not to be confused with red plastic tiring rubber we all have seen. Ours is Genuine rubber factory produced for us made right here in the USA.

The prices are _____$4.00/ft_____for the ¾” diameter rubber,

____$4.50/ft____________for the 7/8” diameter rubber.

$6.50/ft_________ 1” diameter rubber.

______$5.00/ft______________5/8” diameter rubber.

If you have a problem measuring the rim size, please call us for assistance.

Please list the sizes and lengths of each size needed. We deal only in the red SRB rubber, manufactured to our standards of color and hardness. Beware of plastic tubing, strange colors and rubber made for buggies.

Shipping will be by USPS only.

We can now handle some Overseas orders at this time, please inquire as to the specifics of your needs before submitting a specific order. Thank you for your patience.

A typical 20 pound box from DC to Detroit, Mich. should be about $25. 3-day priority mail using Large Box FRB , 12“ x 12” x 6”. USPS is the cheapest for boxes of this size of an average high wheel rubber. The USPS website also has a table to calculate shipping if your request is outside the usual 2 piece oreder. Suggest you use shipping of $25 in making your payment. I don't expect it, but if necessary, an adjustment may be made. Please add the shipping cost to the cost of rubber when submitting an order.

The following table is based on 3.14 times the wheel diameter plus 6 inches for compression and minor differences in actual rim diameters. If you have any problems with calculating your needs, please call us and we will help getting the right number.
Attached is a table to length of rubber for each size wheel.

Wheel Diameter
48 inch wheel----13 feet of rubber
50 14 feet
52 14-1/2
54 15
56 15-1/2

16 inch wheel--- 5 feet
18 5-1/2 feet
20 6
24 7

All orders are shipped within 72 hours of receipt of payment for the rubber and shipping. Please pay with your USPS money order ONLY.
Russell Mamone
2610 Northampton Street NW
Washington, DC 20015

Email address [email protected]

Phone or text @ 240.449.6015 leave message

Terms and conditions of sales:

You must fill out the order blank, sign, date and fill agreement checkbox at bottom including printing your name and your ship to address.

Please note: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No exchanges, No returns. You are responsible for determining the size and length you require and for providing us with a deliverable address for the shipment.

your ship to address and information:

address:______________________________

zip code:_____________________________

Email address to reach you: ______________

your phone #:__________________________

print name here: _______________________

• check box agreeing to all terms and condition of sale
Signature______________________________ Date________

View attachment 1487632
Russell, do you ever get 1/2” tiring?

Russell, do you ever get 1/2” tiring?
Jeff,
Sorry to have to report that we do not have the 1/2 inch rubber. Unfortunately, there is so little demand that it isn't economical to order it. Dick Hammel and others in the past may have had some and I did use some many, many decades ago on a tricycle. I would put an ad on the Wheelmen web site for wanted, some wheelmen may have some in their left over stock. alternately, you could use the black, if its available. At present, I don't know if there is any black available in 1/2 inch. I have in the past had success locating red rubber from wheelmen. Don't be afraid to buy pieces because they work just as well as one whole piece, for example, if you need 4 feet, you may be able to find two or even three pieces to put together enough to do a small job. I have done a number of successful tiring jobs with pieces. Once the wire is tight on the rim, the joints disappear. Russell Mamone.

Thank you Russell, and I appreciate the tip on using multiple sections. See you at the Indiana meet?
Jeff Nye
Colorado Wheelman

Thank you Russell, and I appreciate the tip on using multiple sections. See you at the Indiana meet?
Jeff Nye
Colorado Wheelman
Dick Hammel, Ray Rittenhouse, Lowell Kennedy, John Vanderpool and Dave Metz all had rubber made for wheelmen. Unfortunately they sold different shades of red, so you need to be aware of that variation which could affect the looks of the tire. It all depends on what you hope to achieve, a show bike or a rider. If its a rider, color variations are not important. Hope to get to Indiana next year after the scourge of the virus.

Back