When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Rider Colson 1935 "Moto-Balloon"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was on vacation last week on the Outer Banks, NC and was a bit bummed that the bikes I had planned to bring had to be left behind as my transport rack wasn't the best idea with the weight pulling on a trim piece of plastic on the top of the van hatch.
So, I looked on cl using the house computer and found this Colson for only 150 bucks, BUT was too far to travel the 9 hour round trip and risk the glare I would get from my wife upon returning.
The owner shipped it for me instead it is arrived on Saturday morning for the weekend getting it ride ready in servicing both hubs, all bearings, truing the wheels, and detailing
I worked out the front fender dents the best I could from the damage during shipping and ended up trimming 1/2 inch (saving the discard in case it gets sold down the line) and I think it came out alright and true to the shape.
My intent was making this a neighborhood rider for running some local errands and using to visit the local farmers market down the street.
I have to make some adjustments for my height, add pedals, and not sure if the long pull back bars will stay :( with the knee clearance needed.
Morrow rear hub is an E1, early 1935 production.
Chris

colson moto (1).jpg
colson moto (2).jpg
colson moto (3).jpg
colson moto (5).jpg
colson moto (7).jpg

colson moto (1).jpg

colson moto (2).jpg

colson moto (3).jpg

colson moto (5).jpg

colson moto (7).jpg

Nice.........!

Nice Find; Just Perfect!

Is the Seat Time Period Correct??? Or What Time Period??
I Like the Look!

Cool!;)

Nice bike Chris. I really like these early moto bikes because they have a 'hot rod' feel to them compared to the deluxe equipped bikes. My B10E is one of my favorite riders. V/r Shawn

Keep the bars and throw a Commander stem on there, I know you've got at least one. You could also install a horizontal spring saddle to get you back a bit further and still clear the baskets. It might be easier to just put the baskets on the Commander and use that as your grocery getter though. :rolleyes:

Back