When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New S-7 Brick Tires By An Old Manufacturer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Gary, I've used the Duros for S-7's and they look and ride well. They do seem to be a little wider than the Westwinds but fill up the fenders nicely. The reason for the price increase on the Westwind repops is the fact that they are left over stock from Schwinn's "Classic" parts line of the late 90's and the supply is dwindling. If you want the Westwinds better get them now as they are going to be gone eventually. I think Bicyclebones is the last vendor with a decent stash of these left.

Thanks for mentioning that the supply of Westwinds might be coming to an end @Tim the Skid . I have a pair I got from Dan a couple years ago so I read the fine print on the attached label. Now I'm wondering how old my new tires are! When did Maple Island Sales close up shop, 2007? These tires may have been made many moons ago, or maybe the dang tags are old left overs. So the new price may reflect a whole new batch of Westwinds and not the left over stock from Maple Island?

Note the tire size difference.

These tires look awesome. I’m not a whitewall fan. Mostly because they are never straight and true. but these Look to he pretty straight. I want to find a black wall set for my Tiger, my one middleweight that I actually still run S-7’s on.

Thanks everyone for your input on these tires.

56 year old Westwinds give up the ghost...

View attachment 1181810

Looks like a set of these tires are in my future.

Try em out, I think you'll like them. Just ordered my third set while checking out the third Cali eBay seller. The one up in Indiana has his tires super inflated to 93.84 pound$ with no tubes. That includes shipping but no taxes. o_O

My third set of F&R Bricks showed up today. They were the first to be shipped without being rolled/twisted and in a box. I'm thinking this might be the best way for shipping tires with a wire bead, just wrap them up in plastic wrap. @mrg

New Bricks Vegasismyspot 003.JPG

New Bricks Vegasismyspot 004.JPG

Hey what happened to Maple Island Sales, by the way? I see their name on the label in that one image.

Back