When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new schwinn collegiates

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
if they do a USA made paramount with good components i may have to make a new hole in my wallet.

I’m all for it.
I hope they sell well, and get that company thriving,
We need a place where people can work and innovate right here.
Detroit was a hopeless bombed out wasteland, and thanks to the free thinking people like this, it’s fast becoming a viable city again.
I was always a hand made, lugged frame fanatic, so when all of the Tig welded, Uni crown fork, mountain bikes started showing up in droves, I thought they were ugly and cheap.
Well, apparently, I was in the minority on that one.
They triggered a bike boom second to none.

I think $995 is a stretch for that bike. "Made in USA" is only going to go so far to get people to buy a bike. I agree if they could have made something closer to the original with lots of CHROME, that would get people's attention. It's why the imported current production Sting Rays and Krates sell. Also, jazz it up a bit. Maybe re-do/re-use the decals on the 1960 Traveler or Continental and use some candy colors. Bling is what will sell overpriced nostalgic bikes, not the Schwinn name alone on a generic mountain bike made in Detroit.

I think the problem is we're looking at this the wrong way. Members of the CABE are by definition drawn to old, neglected and often beat up and rusty old bikes, partly because we like taking something most people would write off and bringing out it's full potential, and partly because a lot of the value results from the sweat equity that you put into them. That's not the market these bikes are aimed at.

Back