New seller beware (scammer)

This ad disappears when logged in

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Dec 6, 2016
Peoria, United States
@gweeds111

I believe this guy to be a scammer. Answered a wanted ad of mine with a 41 Schwinn. Only accepts bank transfers and won’t allow for a local pickup. If I’m wrong I’m truly sorry. Here’s the bike. 1300$ shipped next day delivery.
63516CE7-93F6-4DA3-A53C-0D121C2944A9.png

Sevenhills1952

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 20, 2018
US
Hold the phone!!!!!
I just googled "1941 Schwinn blue and white bicycle" ...images...and got THIS!
Isn't that the bike? There's a site Dave's Vintage Bicycles where he shows pictures of bikes. I believe that's where "seller" got picture.
Bait him via the authorities!!!!!
b2fcabfd3d440f830e9bdf9a6b0f248f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

tryder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 12, 2014
San Anselmo, CA
@gweeds111

I believe this guy to be a scammer. Answered a wanted ad of mine with a 41 Schwinn. Only accepts bank transfers and won’t allow for a local pickup. If I’m wrong I’m truly sorry. Here’s the bike. 1300$ shipped next day delivery. View attachment 993867
Looks to be worth a lot more than $1200.00 unless I am missing something.
Why would someone sell such a nice bike for that cheap?

Jay81

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 26, 2015
Roseville MI
FYI, the fact that the same pics can be found on the internet, doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have done google image searches and found pictures of some of my bikes, that I took myself, and posted on the CABE.

tech549

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 9, 2014
attleboro falls, United States
had another one last week on a bike I have for sale,asked me if I am a legitimate seller,i tell him that's why I left my phone # so call me,he says I am trying to be sure you are real have you got a text from google,if you are not a scammer send me the verifercation code from google first! I need the code ,told him really nice to bug off!!!

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
Yeah, I listed a bike local c/l last evening and got 3 different responses by morning, all scammers. Two texts: 'The wife wants it, email back @gmail', 2. 'is it still for sale, reply to; @gmail' and 1 responding threw c/l. again saying "Reply to; @gmail' all within 12 hours.

Of these, U can only report scammers that use the reply via C/L email messaging system .
The text msg's from high-jacked VOIP numbers are useless, no reporting or security features. .

The criminals are out in droves at C/L.

Last edited:

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
Staff member
System Administrator
May 20, 2006
Cheney, WA
Yeah, I listed a bike local c/l last evening and got 3 different responses by morning, all scammers. Two texts: 'The wife wants it, email back @gmail', 2. 'is it still for sale, reply to; @gmail' and 1 responding threw c/l. again saying "Replay to; @gmail' all within 12 hours.

Of these, U can only report scammers that use the reply via C/L email messaging system .
The text msg's from high-jacked VOIP numbers are useless, no reporting or security features. .

The criminals are out in droves at C/L.
At some point, CL will have to do what eBay has done, securing all communication strictly through their system or app. The crooks ruin everything!

Sevenhills1952

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 20, 2018
US
I still say ,around here at least, if you know someone is a scammer and report it to police they can bait him and put a stop to it.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture