When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New seller beware (scammer)

-
FYI, the fact that the same pics can be found on the internet, doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have done google image searches and found pictures of some of my bikes, that I took myself, and posted on the CABE.

had another one last week on a bike I have for sale,asked me if I am a legitimate seller,i tell him that's why I left my phone # so call me,he says I am trying to be sure you are real have you got a text from google,if you are not a scammer send me the verifercation code from google first! I need the code ,told him really nice to bug off!!!

Yeah, I listed a bike local c/l last evening and got 3 different responses by morning, all scammers. Two texts: 'The wife wants it, email back @gmail', 2. 'is it still for sale, reply to; @gmail' and 1 responding threw c/l. again saying "Reply to; @gmail' all within 12 hours.

Of these, U can only report scammers that use the reply via C/L email messaging system .
The text msg's from high-jacked VOIP numbers are useless, no reporting or security features. .

The criminals are out in droves at C/L.

Last edited:
Yeah, I listed a bike local c/l last evening and got 3 different responses by morning, all scammers. Two texts: 'The wife wants it, email back @gmail', 2. 'is it still for sale, reply to; @gmail' and 1 responding threw c/l. again saying "Replay to; @gmail' all within 12 hours.

Of these, U can only report scammers that use the reply via C/L email messaging system .
The text msg's from high-jacked VOIP numbers are useless, no reporting or security features. .

The criminals are out in droves at C/L.
At some point, CL will have to do what eBay has done, securing all communication strictly through their system or app. The crooks ruin everything!

I still say ,around here at least, if you know someone is a scammer and report it to police they can bait him and put a stop to it.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Good detective work guys!

Capture+_2019-02-12-23-12-18.png

Back