When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Situation with PP Friends and Family... A Warning...Just in case...

-

PAValentine

Finally riding a big boys bike
This has just started for me. Paypal warned me, but I went on to completion in spite of the warning.
I have been purchasing here using Paypal, and as most folks want, I send the money as F&F.
What I have been doing is just to use my 'Bank of America Visa' CC to make the purchase. Not my PP sponge fund account, or having PP access one of my bank accounts. I have one tied to PP, but I keep very little money in it preferring to use the CC. Somehow, I have never liked the idea of PP having access to my bank.

I just checked my Bank of America CC statement, and there is a sizeable extra charge for my very last F&F Purchase. Apparently BOA CC is now considering a PP F&F payment as a Cash Advance, and adding on a healthy fee!!!
I have never used any other card with PP so I don't know if this has been an ongoing thing with other CC Companies, but it is brand new for me with BOA!
I just wanted you guys to be aware...Just in case...
Do any other Credit Card Companies do this?

Maybe it's a new COVID-19 virus effect... :D :eek:

Years ago I used Bank of America, and I went inside the bank wants and made a transaction. When I got my statement for the month it said I was charged a three dollar teller fee for just talking to a teller. I quit using that bank along time ago. It was not happy with their practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1586378345604.jpeg

i wave goodby to paypal a while back,pomo only,bank looks at it as a good check u can cash out rightaway

Thank you for the warning.

I had a bank once that told me I would get 3 free transactions between my savings account and checking account per month. I got my first statement and had 3 service charge fees, so I went to the bank and they said you made 6 transfers last month. I said “no”, I transferred from my savings to checking 3 times. They then said, well, when you transferred from your savings that was one transaction and when it was placed in your checking that was another transaction, 3 x 2 = 6. I said close my accounts and they laughed thinking I was joking, but they soon realized that I was not. Maybe in the accounting world it is 6 transaction (?), but I didn’t feel that it was a honest practice, because I could have had them put in my hand after taking it out of my savings, then handed it back to them as a deposit for my checking and there would be no charge!

Going to get worse across the board. Money is going to get extremely tight soon. Government is asking for too much credit by just throwing it around. Banks do not like to not be in charge.

If you use a credit card SOMEONE is going to be paying the CC fee. Usually it's the recipient but the PP sender can or could opt to pay the fee so that the recipient gets the full amount. Been like this for decades. You can send money to friends and family but there is still a fee if the funds were put on a credit card. 3% last time I checked. I send my Daughter $1400 a month thru Pay Pal with no fees what so ever since the funds are pulled from my checking account.

If you use a credit card SOMEONE is going to be paying the CC fee. Usually it's the recipient but the PP sender can or could opt to pay the fee so that the recipient gets the full amount. Been like this for decades. You can send money to friends and family but there is still a fee if the funds were put on a credit card. 3% last time I checked. I send my Daughter $1400 a month thru Pay Pal with no fees what so ever since the funds are pulled from my checking account.
This is not that! This is a brand new fee on top of that 3%. Around 5% I suspect.I've been doing what you are saying for years, this is BRAND NEW!!! It just started. It is a brand new BOA CC money grab!!!

Back