When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New SoCal CL find: 1909 Racycle Rideabout(I think)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is the Rideabout in the 1910 catalog
IMG_20200406_092609.jpg

Outstanding! Congrats!! She is a pretty rideabout, you have the hardest items to find already, the seat you’d questioned is absolutely Racycle, that’s the script on the top, it would have been a factory or, dealer installed option over the standard rideabout seat as pictured in the catalog, look at the seat on the Pacemaker, that’s what you have! YOU HAVE THE HEADBADGE and model badge and they’re BOTH UNMOLESTED! (You’ll soon learn how rare that is!! The pedals are Stars, a find in themselves!! The rim can always be replaced, no big deal, be gentle cleaning her up, congrats on a great find, If there’s any help I can provide, please feel free to ask, also, my email is wcben@aol.... if it’s ok, I ‘d like to add your images to the Racycle Research folder I have on Flickr... there’s a ton of info there, take a look: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQvms5P

Last edited:
Awesome score!

But these have always seemed like odd bikes to me. How is it possible to ride that gear ratio on anything but flat ground? And that wheelbase... I mean thats exactly what you don't want if you looking for a lively ride. That aside, I'd still have room for one if the opportunity came around.

And do you have some more pics of that yellow half track???

Outstanding! Congrats!! She is a pretty rideabout, you have the hardest items to find already, the seat you’d questioned is absolutely Racycle, that’s the script on the top, it would have been a factory or, dealer installed option over the standard rideabout seat as pictured in the catalog, look at the seat on the Pacemaker, that’s what you have! YOU HAVE THE HEADBADGE and model badge and they’re BOTH UNMOLESTED! (You’ll soon learn how rare that is!! The pedals are Stars, a find in themselves!! The rim can always be replaced, no big deal, be gentle cleaning her up, congrats on a great find, If there’s any help I can provide, please feel free to ask, also, my email is wcben@aol.... if it’s ok, I ‘d like to add your images to the Racycle Research folder I have on Flickr... there’s a ton of info there, take a look: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQvms5P
Thank you so much for the info! I'll do my best to bring it back ever so gently. Yes, of course you may use my pics. Let me know if you'd like me to retake them or forward pics of any specific areas.

Last edited:
Like cr@p! The tires are petrified! I'll get it back on the road one of these days. Yup, I owe Jason BIG-TIME! Hoping I can return the favor someday.
When it comes to collectable and rare stuff,im always looking.when i find items that are not something im into,i always alert friends or family that are into it.its all about it getting into the hands of the proper caretaker.alot of people do the same for me so im always happy when a good connection is made.

Back