When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Stock TOC Wood Wheel Valve Cover Plates for sale

-

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I just had some of these made for my wood wheels that were missing them and I thought I'd share with any other cabe folk that may want to finish dressing your old wood rim. It was also suggested you could affix this to a modern Velocity rim for a more authentic look.

Originally these used small tack sized nails and covered the rough drilled hole in the rim for the valve stem.

I've seen them painted to match rims, I've seen them nickel plated, brass, and of course rusty as shown by my original for reference.
You have as many options for finish as you need, these are soft steel so will be amenable & malleable.
Should be easy to bend into form for any profile rim.

These are laser cut with polished edges so no razor cuts.

$10 / pair shipped CONUS

Dress those wood hoops for goodness sake!

dd7cb44a485deb3cd85f062efb7096a6.jpg

105499b61d1b9ce609b801eb96b6bdf5.jpg

574578fd38009eae96dea66a07673942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would like to see an installed sample as well, I think I can use a couple of sets of these. Are you using a little adhesive with the tack nails on a wood rim?

@IngoMike you are correct, small tack nails are the correct fasteners. Obviously use a length less than the thickness of the wood rim.

I used a slightly warped scrap rim and it isn't as straight as I would like it but for effect, here is the idea.

You really only get once chance to bend the plate, you have to be pretty careful as re-shaping the peaked profile can be difficult.

c19c4d5f5e73b6f53e731714e813b9f4.jpg

@IngoMike you are correct, small tack nails are the correct fasteners. Obviously use a length less than the thickness of the wood rim.

I used a slightly warped scrap rim and it isn't as straight as I would like it but for effect, here is the idea.

You really only get once chance to bend the plate, you have to be pretty careful as re-shaping the peaked profile can be difficult.

View attachment 735219

Back