When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New straps for my toolbag

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tomato John

Finally riding a big boys bike
One of thestraps on my persons toolbag was in pretty rough shape. Leather was cracked and dry and when I was trying to recondition it- the strap broke in two. Needless to say but I was pretty bummed. I took the broken strap down to my local shoe repair guy and he promptly fixed me up with a couple new ones and even used the original brass fastener that he was able to save. With the original buckle as well, it looks to be a pretty good match.
56C85DED-1613-4561-B4B0-79757654CB39.jpeg

0D28B364-3D45-4119-B90C-36892DDBA922.jpeg

Put them back on where they belong and all is well .....
0EE38525-A03C-42C2-9B11-291D755DCFBE.jpeg

Ready to roll
6B1FFB71-9A11-43F6-ACAE-98C4B06A6890.jpeg

Hello ;
You have a beautiful set!
Could you give me the dimensions of the straps, so that i can do for my toolbag, i do not have them.
You would be of great help.
Regards;
Serge

With pleasure, Serge...

If you make multiple toolbags, I would definitely be interested in getting one should they be available

Re;
The hardest is going to be a tool to make the 2 shells and find the 2 closures, after that is only happyness!
For the entry of the winter.
Serge

I thought I would show another example of homemade straps. I made these 2-3 years ago. Even though I do have several original buckles I decided to make my own for these straps. The seat cover is also one I made, stamped and dyed to match my original Persons bag. I mottled the dye on the back of the straps to somewhat match the mottled surface on the inside of the bag.
100_2114.JPG

100_2110.JPG

100_2135.JPG

Back