When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New tires for teens bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

The Admiral

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was looking to get new tires for a project I'm working on and would like to get a poll of what people's favorite tires are for pre-33 bikes. I was looking to get something in off white. What're your favorites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking about a wood rim bicycle IMO nothing beats the real thing. Get Robert Dean's single tube tires. You can keep the original wood rims, the tires are historically accurate, reliable, look great, and are a great ride. What more could you ask for? They are pricing but if that's an issue you won't get far in this hobby.

Cheers,
Phil

@mike j those look like a good tire for what I want. Maybe a little big though.

@PhilipJ Robert Deans are a little out of my price range. Also, I want modern 700c for durability. I agree they are the best for period correctness though.
-Irving

A 1915-16 Sears Master

Are you looking for black or creme(white) tires? I initially picked up these Kendas for a 20's motorbike project, but decided to get the '02 Napoleon going with them first. No distracting logos and a nice looking tread pattern. Ride pretty well too at a good price.
20160313_075429_zpszzcnkycb.jpg

Are you looking for black or creme(white) tires? I initially picked up these Kendas for a 20's motorbike project, but decided to get the '02 Napoleon going with them first. No distracting logos and a nice looking tread pattern. Ride pretty well too at a good price.View attachment 449694

I'm looking for creme. Most of the ones I've found have an annoying reflective strip on the side wall. I could always try to take it off, but it would be better without it.

Most guys I have spoken with end up paying more then the cost of Dean tires when they go with modern 700c rims. I don't know what shape your rims are in but restored wood rims are very durable. I've ridden hundreds of miles on my wood rim bikes with Dean tires including a century ride on my 1900 Iver Johnson. Plus restoring wood rims, even if they are cracked, is a lot cheaper then buying new rims. Remember the bikes we are talking about where built during an era when most roads were dirt. The rims were built to take a lot of abuse. Don't be afraid of wood rims!!

Cheers,
Phil

Back