When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to me '58 Gazelle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got this. All original, looks like an easy cleanup...toughest part will be removing the orange paint on the rear fender; and IF I decide to put new spokes on it, I'll need to disassemble the rear hub to access the spokes on one side. Maybe easy. Maybe not. We'll see. But I'm a happy guy. I especially like the leather chain guard and the rod-operated front/rear drum brakes.

G 2.JPG

G 1.JPG

A "little"? You are too kind. I think I'll be replacing those...or would that be violating "patina" principles?

Front and rear drum brakes? That is too cool! Seems that not only would they work better than the shoe-type brakes but the topside of your rims will stay nicer. I presume 28 x 1 1/2 tyres? Love it. Check out the post of my '37 linked below. Some good info in that thread on these Dutch built Gazelles.

Last edited:
The orange paint is something the previous owner thought was a fine idea. It's coming off, one way or the other.

Back