When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New To Me Pre-war Find...need Help With Id

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

NMGreg

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Here is my local Craigslist find. I was told by PO it's a 1935 Schwinn, but the serial number doesn't make sense. It is stamped A117264. The paint looks like an old repaint. It has the sweetheart skiptooth chainring. Headlight was added. Missing the drop stand and head badge. Grips say Sears. There are grease fittings on the rear New Departure D hub, the frame at the crank and the gooseneck. Wheels are 26". What else do I need to describe? Ideas on make, model and year? What am I missing to make/keep original? It's a great rider...next I want a '40s/50s tank bike. Thanks! Greg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I no thinky you have a schwinn......someone else will know what it is...Schwinn crank and chain ring I believe...rest looks to be somethin' else....Which would make me happy. :D

Looks like a 36' Elgin Oriole. They used the grease fittings on BB and the head tube. Of course as CrazyDave said it has a Schwinn chain ring, and the guard is aftermarket. Nice find!

I concur with '36 Elgin. Looks like a post war Schwinn crank and chainring along with wrong, neck, and bars. V/r Shawn

Awesome! Thanks for the help on this one...looks like a match to the Elgin. I'll post it on the other topic and see what other inputs I get. Now to find the missing correct parts and head badge!

Back