When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new to me schwinn dx

-

Handle Bar Hoarder

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
pick up this one to day..... like to know what year it is and what is correct and is not on the bike thank you
IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

What is the serial number under the bottom crank housing? Let's start from there. Looks like a customized '39 to me.

Like everyone else stated, a 1939 DX. Very nice bike! But I think the original headlight was a front loaded torpedo light such as the Delta, not a top loaded unit. Also, I do not think those type of pedals came originally on that bike. It would be interesting to see if the crank is dated "39." Again, congrats on the bike!

what about the handlebars

Likely either Boy Scout or SB 26x8, those on it now are more hip anyway.

Agree with all of the above: 39 model because of the straight down tube and drop stand. The cranks were often bent/replaced so personally I take that date with a grain of salt. And yes a front loader delta not the top loader that is on there.

Most importantly of all - awesome machine.

Back