When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the CABE

-

Goosecheck

On Training Wheels
Hello. I am new to The CABE. I'm admiring many of the rides that have been shared. Based on what I've seen I fear that my paddock does not contain rides that would technically qualify as Classic and Antique in the realm of this forum. I don't own anything older than 1970 right now, and I have an unhealthy love of forlorn bike-boom era Peugeots. But passion is passion nonetheless, and I am always happy to share and learn. Since this is a Project Rides forum I'll share my latest project completed this fall.

1972 Peugeot AE8 turned Porteur - In short, it was a $20 Craigslist bike purchased for a few parts and then intended to be tossed out. But guilt, inspiration and passion overruled logic and thus begat an unplanned build project over the course of a month. Many more images and details fill the 26 day gap that separates these two pictures. But hey, there are worse ways to spend my time.
Before - Sep 23, 2019 1105527

After - Oct 19, 2019 1105529

Humber - Starting a new project this week (1970 Humber Sports 3 speed). Will be a surprise Christmas present for my 15 year old son (yes, he likes the old bikes too). Needs only light work: replace cables/pads, clean it a bit, add a few baubles and new saddle, but otherwise will be keeping the "patina" intact.

Hello. I am new to The CABE. I'm admiring many of the rides that have been shared. Based on what I've seen I fear that my paddock does not contain rides that would technically qualify as Classic and Antique in the realm of this forum. I don't own anything older than 1970 right now, and I have an unhealthy love of forlorn bike-boom era Peugeots. But passion is passion nonetheless, and I am always happy to share and learn. Since this is a Project Rides forum I'll share my latest project completed this fall.

1972 Peugeot AE8 turned Porteur - In short, it was a $20 Craigslist bike purchased for a few parts and then intended to be tossed out. But guilt, inspiration and passion overruled logic and thus begat an unplanned build project over the course of a month. Many more images and details fill the 26 day gap that separates these two pictures. But hey, there are worse ways to spend my time.
Before - Sep 23, 2019 View attachment 1105527

After - Oct 19, 2019 View attachment 1105529

Humber - Starting a new project this week (1970 Humber Sports 3 speed). Will be a surprise Christmas present for my 15 year old son (yes, he likes the old bikes too). Needs only light work: replace cables/pads, clean it a bit, add a few baubles and new saddle, but otherwise will be keeping the "patina" intact.
View attachment 1105533
Awesome looking bike, you did great.

Back