When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the wonderful world-Eager for answers about my 1860s Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I also forgot to mention that "if" the serial number is in question, I have had STARS that have had the serial number stamped on the center of the rear axle.
This means that you would have to remove the rear wheel containing springs and drive mechanisms. Most people don't want to mess doing this but if you are mechanically inclined or know a good bike mechanic who is careful and thorough, this may help.
The easiest way is to contact Carey Williams [email protected] or Dave Toppin [email protected] who have a STAR REGISTRY from STAR owners like myself who have contributed their serials numbers and models to them over the years. This way your questionable serial number that is the earlier one may not even have been correct for your model bike as it wasn't developed yet and you can go with the higher serial number to determine the year.
This will narrow down the manufacturing year date.
Good luck.
Mike Cates, CA.

Back