When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to this forum, so forgive me if I screw this up

-

Randall Boblitt

On Training Wheels
Hello Everyone,
Found this old Columbia bike the other day and wanted to see if anyone could help me identify it. It has kind of a Spirit of 76 Bicentennial feel to it. It might be nothing special, but it seems like a cool old bike to me and isn't that really what it's all about.

20170529_201141.jpg

20170529_201149.jpg

Hello Everyone,
Found this old Columbia bike the other day and wanted to see if anyone could help me identify it. It has kind of a Spirit of 76 Bicentennial feel to it. It might be nothing special, but it seems like a cool old bike to me and isn't that really what it's all about.

View attachment 474571

View attachment 474572
That really is what it's all about!
Ride it and enjoy meeting all those lovely, friendly people that enjoy cool bikes out there.

I dig it ! Always a sucker for the Red White and Blue bikes. Rode my 76' Stingray today. Shine it up and get ready for the Fourth of July !

Agree with the OP, pretty cool old bike.
now I'm curious about the heritage of the '70s Columbia bikes. I've seen these get lame comments on BF.
How does the manufacturing heritage compare to Col Pope's boilerworks of the TOLC? Maybe easier, were these bikes still being made in a Columbia factory, or are they the brand name applied to a different maker's bikes (e.g. Murray)?
Thanks

Wash the bike, apply Barkeepers Friend to the chrome, clean and lube those bearings, wax the bike and you will be able to ride and enjoy your 40 year old steed that looks almost like new. A new set of tires and brake pads will also add to the appearance and safety.

Wash the bike, apply Barkeepers Friend to the chrome
curious what product you are talking about. I used to buy this but it's discontinued. I even phoned them to see what was up, they said it was due to poor sales. It was the stinkiest stuff and cheapest on the market but was the strongest working I found. I'm guessing the smell was off putting to many consumers.

bar_lime.jpg

Back