When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to vintage bicycles, seeking info on Hedstrom 12" No Brakes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

k3wl_br33z3

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of vintage bicycles and was curious about a children's bicycle that I found going through a family estate. I would place the bicycle in the 1960's period of manufacturing. It is a Hedstrom "No Brakes" 12" boys bicycle. There is a pedal brake attached to the frame that drags on the rear tire to stop the bicycles. I have never seen anything like this and my internet searches haven't been much help either. I'm just curious if this is a bicycle I should gently clean up and preserve or strip it and turn it into a usable and unique bicycle for a kid. Any input would be appreciated because I have been striking out finding any history or estimated value of this bicycle. I do know that Hedstrom was a toy company based outside of Cleveland when I was a kid but I don't know much more than that. Thanks in advance for any help.

badge.jpg

profile.jpg

This bike has little to no collector value so I don't think you can hurt it by refurbishing it and giving it to a kid to ride. V/r Shawn

Back